Corey Kiner

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by northernvatiger, Sep 19, 2021.

1. Kikicaca

Kikicaca Meaux

That wasn't rational thinking after UCLA or after McNeese and it's not rational now.

2. Brian

Brian Founding Member

Consistent verifiable results actually do. And so far the data O has put out there isn't good. He's been consistently below average to at best mediocre as the LSU coach outside of 2019.

We won't even go into Ole Miss but that too is data one could point to.. rational thought and logic is a hell of a thing.

shane0911 likes this.
  3. lsu-i-like

lsu-i-like Playoff advocate

The hell it wasn’t. Coming off 2020 and putting on that uninspired performance against UCLA was no bueno. Then dickin off against McNeese. This game against CMU was the best thing we’ve seen in a while. We have a chance against MSU to get some momentum building.

shane0911, Brian and LSU_4_LIFE like this.
  4. lsu-i-like

To be fair, outside of 2020 O has been solid; he’s had some SNAFUs, but also maybe the best season in college football. I really want O to be the 2019 O here-on-out. It’s a great story and I hope it doesn’t end with a feeling that we won it all because of a once in a millennia planetary alignment.

shane0911, Brian and LSU_4_LIFE like this.
  5. Kikicaca

Kikicaca Meaux

O is 45-17 over 6 years, 4-1 in bowl games and with a national championship. Who else in the SEC has done better other than Bama? Sure if your measuring stick is Bama's record everyone in the whole country looks mediocre. I wouldn't go into Ole Miss if I were you either.

mctiger likes this.
  6. Kikicaca

Kikicaca Meaux

My point was yes it may have been the "consensus" but much like my comparing that "consensus" to the lefts "consensus" that man can actually control the earths climate "consensus" in both cases means exactly squat to me. I didn't agree with the "consensus" and I proved my point Saturday against CMU that this team and it's coaches are better than the prevailing views. Count me out of the "consensus" for now. Should we digress I may be part of the "consensus". I expect us to be at least 8-4 but bet we go 9-3 with a chance at 10-2. This conference is just too strong to expect much better this year. Next year we should be playing in Atlanta and then in the playoffs. However if we lose Max this year than I still may not be in the "consensus".

Sorry about the severity of my comparison but that's how I see it.

7. lsu-i-like

I’m all about paving your own way, but most of us didn’t see enough or put much weight in what we saw vs McNeese to predict such an about face for CMU. To say you did considering some of the other outlandish things you’ve predicted is kinda hogwash, IMO. But you don’t lack confidence, that’s for sure.

8. Perple

Perple Founding Member

9. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

Man, how badly does that statement sting! We are giddy because we "have a chance" against the freaking cows!

lsu-i-like, LSU_4_LIFE and Winston1 like this.
  10. Winston1

Winston1 Founding Member

lsu-i-like, mctiger and LSU_4_LIFE like this.