Coaching Is Only Part Of The Problem

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by CalcoTiger, Oct 8, 2022.

1. Kikicaca

Kikicaca Meaux

Miles would have either made it much much closer or won. Too conservative? My Cajun ass! we were too cute, made bad decisions and took too many chances.

StaceyO and BornOnTheBayou like this.
  2. tigerpub

tigerpub Founding Member

Touché. Unfortunately, this one.

TBTrumpet likes this.
  3. kcal

kcal Founding Member

couldn’t believe the 4th and 10….

cul2969 and lsu-i-like like this.
  4. msully

msully Founding Member

Wrong answer . Players !!! The team .

5. msully

msully Founding Member

You forgot Coach the cajun

6. Chipeace

Chipeace Country Roads Tiger

Bech is not a TE

7. StaceyO

StaceyO Football Turns Me On

The jab at Miles at the end was as curious as it is disingenuous.

First, Orgeron after Joe Burrow left, allowed the team to implode in spectacular fashion. It was embarrassing how bad we were.

Secondly, when did Miles EVER field pitiful special teams like we are seeing? Out ST with Miles were generally a strength of our team, not a glaring weakness.

I think many of us were hoping that the cupboard wasn't as bare as we feared it was, but alas, it was as bad if not worse.

8. CagedTiger

CagedTiger Freshman

The reality is we're an average SEC team at best right now, but that's to be expected. Give Kelly a chance to get his own players and give him some time to rebuild the team. This is a brand new team that has a lot of new faces and losing is a part of the growing process. I can admit that there are some players out there that I still don't know their names automatically. CBK has been on campus less than a year, so let's all just chill. He's won everywhere he's been and he will be successful at LSU in time.

9. CalcoTiger

CalcoTiger Live Long and Prosper IVI

Insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result.
    We knew going in to the game that our left side was vulnerable and when dellinger went out it was damn pitiful. Kelly even mentioned that we could keep some max protect to help them because they were beat on every pass play.

When do you start rolling daniels out of the pocket because he clearly was having to bail anyway.

Not one screen pass to slow down their rush.

I know our talent is difficient so you have to do some things to use what you have. we have a running qb not a pure passer.

Tennessee is a good team but not as good as we made them look.

furduknfish likes this.
  10. Swerved

Swerved It appears my hypocrisy knows no bounds.

I said at the beginning of the year that if we make a bowl game (any), that was acceptable. This can still happen, though the stretch from here is going to be brutal. UAB I think we will beat and we need 1 more after. I like our chances with Arkansas when we get there... provided we still have enough people to field a team by the time we get through Bama. It's been hard to watch this season, but honestly I never expected we would be 4-1 coming into this game. Despite the shit show yesterday, I am a glass half-full kind of guy, so in my eyes we can still make the season somewhat of a success for a first year...

Sure, like everyone I want them to win all of them, but I'm ok with 6-6 this year and a trip to Billy Bob's Transmission Service and Bait Shop bowl; that is doable. But I would expect to see a lot of changes in coaching in the off-season, beginning with ST. Next year needs to be at least 7 or 8 wins, and we should be improving from there on out... I think that is a realistic expectation. In the mean time it's going to be hard to watch.

PS - Can we please get the o-line in shape so we can have a real pocket passer? We just don't traditionally do well with 'dual threat' QB's.