Clemson v A&M

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by LSUTiga, Sep 8, 2018.

1. Guido Merkins

Guido Merkins Founding Member

And you are correct. If we win every game by 2 points, it would be fine. Nobody is saying it's not good to win. We are looking at LSU play a very inferior opponent and struggle offensively and trying to guage, based on that, how we will do against the better opponents on our schedule to see where we think we are as a program.

I guess we could all go....great win, let's see what happens next week. But then, there'd be no reason to have this board at all. No reason to ever talk about Tiger football. Every post would just be "Geaux Tigers" and we could all be just blind followers....

ParadiseiNC, kcal, LSU_4_LIFE and 2 others like this.
  2. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Geaux Tigers!

didit, ParadiseiNC, kcal and 4 others like this.
  3. GregLSU

GregLSU LSUFANS.com

#GeauxTigers L-S-U.

4. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Hot boudin, cold coosh coosh,
    Come on Tigers, poosh, poosh poosh

Last edited: Sep 10, 2018
  5. Guido Merkins

Guido Merkins Founding Member

Geaux Tigers (if you can't beat 'em, join 'em)

6. mancha

mancha Alabama morghulis

If you have read any of his FSA material, you would already know he is a blind follower.

ParadiseiNC and Bengal B like this.
  7. furduknfish

furduknfish #ohnowesuckagain

Splitting hairs on the former but whatevs. Dumbo didnt want us. That he made clear. Time to move on with what we got. Maybe if you lower your expectations enough, the season will be a pleasant surprise. Worked for me last year...

ParadiseiNC likes this.
  8. Kikicaca

Kikicaca Meaux

I totally agree about the board. Yes I have strong opinions but expect blowback with strong opinions. My whole point this year is that it's way way too early to judge this coach and team. Jeaux is good yes but has only started 2 games in his entire career. Our OL is now not as deep as it was and is an issue. We lost our best lineman in Chassion. Our schedule is a killer. I would be happy with 7-5 or 8-4. If we go 9-3 or 10-2 we will have overachieved. It will be an upset if we beat Aub but I also believe we will upset them.

Oeaux needs this year to develop Jeaux and Brennan get another great recruiting class and see where we go from there.

ParadiseiNC and GiantDuckFan like this.
  9. GregLSU

GregLSU LSUFANS.com

It absolutely isn't splitting hairs. No DL or "position" coach has ever had their names in the paper for losing games, nor been celebrated for winning a game. My point was Fisher has won NC's as both a Coordinator AND HC. O has not. It's truth.

And nowhere did I say I wish we had Fisher instead of O. I simply said that Fisher was a better developer of QBs than E, as well as stated Fisher is a more successful Coordinator/HC than O or E. Simple statements. The truth as well. While I am not happy with the way our HC and OC search turned out, it is what it is. Just have to ride it out and hope for the best. If it turns out badly then the powers that be will make changes.

Fortunately I do not have to lower my expectations to enjoy LSU football. I enjoy it just fine. Do I wish LSU was a more complete team? Absolutely. Do I wish LSU had better coaches/Admin? Again absolutely. But... my life and the joy I find in it does not revolve around how many wins LSU has each year. This is my favorite time of the year win or lose. Just wish LSU could win or lose in a little more organized fashion.

Last edited: Sep 10, 2018
    ParadiseiNC, kcal, Bengal B and 2 others like this.
  10. dachsie

dachsie Veteran Member

We could have Drew Brees at QB and if our Oline performs like it did the other nite, it wouldn't matter