Chris McAlister

Discussion in 'New Orleans Saints Forum' started by PURPLE TIGER, Nov 17, 2009.

1. PURPLE TIGER

PURPLE TIGER HOPE is not a strategy!

The Saints signed him today. If he's healthy (knee surgery) that's a great pickup for New Orleans.

He went to three Pro Bowls and won a Super Bowl. Hopefully his experience will pay dividends...especially in the playoffs. He was in the doghouse in Baltimore but I don't recall what issue he and Harbaugh had.

Chase Daniel was cut to make room.

2. mctiger

mctiger RIP, and thanks for the music Staff Member

Wow....that news triggers two thoughts:

1. Though he probably does not have a lot left in the tank, I believe he could be a contributor in the short term.

2. Is Greer's injury worse than was originally thought?

3. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

I don't think it has anything to do with Greer.

Has a lot to do with no faith in Torrance and some questions on whether Jenkins is ready for the limelight.

We need a veteran out there and McAlister will be a tremendous addition if his abilities are still there. I suspect they are.

4. MLUTiger

MLUTiger Secular Humanist

It has everything to do with making sure the Saints are able to patch together a decent secondary for the stretch run. The Saints defense is built for the passing game. The entire team's winning philosophy is to get a lead quick, maximize the number of possessions and force opposing offenses to keep pace. This means putting together a solid secondary that can play man-to-man so the front seven can pressure the opposing QB.

Porter is going to be out for a few weeks. Greer probably does not need to be rushed. Gay and Jenkins are solid, but not up to the same level as Porter and Greer. McAllister should be able to come in and contribute immediately.

5. TigerBacker70

TigerBacker70 I'm the Cock of the Walk!

A few years ago I was praying that the Saints would get this guy. He was a defensive beast in his prime with he Ravens. I don't know if he still is, but he hasn't forgotten how to play football. You think we might get lucky enough that he's another Darren Sharper type, a proven skilled veteran with a lot more tread left on the tires than eveyone thought who was just waiting for the right opportunity?

I'm excited abut the signing.

So long Chase Daniel.

6. Cajun Sensation

Cajun Sensation I'm kind of a big deal Staff Member

Feel bad for Chase Daniel but he'll get on somewhere else...he'll be fine.

I love the Chris McAlister pickup. This is the first I've heard of it today. I will be interested to see whether or not he contributes immediately.

The Saints front office is doing a great job of keeping the petal to the metal. I love it.

Saintslogo

7. TigerFan23

TigerFan23 USMC Tiger

Chase Daniel will probably go back on the practice squad and get re-signed later. I think Payton may be trying to groom him.

8. mctiger

mctiger RIP, and thanks for the music Staff Member

Agree with this....I think he's an interesting prospect. I hope we can hang on to him.

9. RHans405

RHans405 Let's Roll

I hope his abilities are still there. Great job by the Saints front office. Now that we are winning, players now want to come to New Orleans. Hope this trend continues.