Chris Ivory

Discussion in 'New Orleans Saints Forum' started by Cajun Sensation, Aug 27, 2010.

1. tboy

tboy Founding Member

Ivory has a nice combination of power and speed. He just needs to gain more experience in the passing game, picking up the blitz, etc. He does have one habit when he runs that may contribute to a fumble or two over time. In giving extra effort he tends to twist his body at the end of his run so that he ends up falling on his back as he goes down. When he does this, the ball is more vulnerable because it is more exposed and not underneath him. He seems like he has the tools to become a very good overall RB though.

2. Cajun Sensation

Cajun Sensation I'm kind of a big deal Staff Member

I have a feeling that Chris Ivory may not make the 53 man roster this year. Maybe prax squad. He has just fumbled too many times in training camp.

If Sean Payton were at the camp, he would have cut Chris Ivory last week.

I hope I'm wrong.

3. LSUsupaFan

LSUsupaFan Founding Member

Clears the way to bring back Lynell Hamilton.

4. stevescookin

stevescookin Certified Who Dat

Ivory's real problem is injuries.

He was injured every single year at UNLV
    He was injured almost every year as a Saint.

5. Kal-El012

Kal-El012 Founding Member

What's the scoop on Hamilton? Is he that much better than Ivory that the Saints would choose him instead?

6. LSUsupaFan

LSUsupaFan Founding Member

It was a joke. He was cut last pre-season and nobody picked him up. He was just one of my favorite Saints. Ever.

7. mctiger

mctiger RIP, and thanks for the music Staff Member

This. And, this coaching staff is clearly enamored with Tavaris Cadet, who is more versatile than Ivory. Hate to see CI go, though. When he's on, he's a beast.

8. stevescookin

Yea, I loved to watch him rip off his customary 5...6 yards at a time.

9. Cajun Sensation

Cajun Sensation I'm kind of a big deal Staff Member

Chris Ivory didn't play at UNLV.

His problem is ball security.

10. stevescookin

You're right about UNLV....it was Washington State and Tiffin. My bad.

Ivory played three years for Washington State. Limited by injuries, in 22 games he had 91 rushes for 534 yards and 4 touchdowns, as well as 23 kickoff returns averaging 22.8 yards. When the coaches who had recruited him were replaced by a new coaching staff, Ivory found himself far down on the Cougars' depth chart.[1] In August 2009, Ivory was dismissed from the Washington State team for violating team rules.[4]
    Ivory then transferred to Tiffin, a Division II school in Tiffin, Ohio, whose team was coached by Dave Walkosky, a former Washington State assistant coach. In Ivory's final year of college football, he had 39 rushes for 223 yards in five games before suffering a season-ending knee injury. Walkosky attempted to obtain a medical redshirt exemption to allow Ivory to play another year, but this was unsuccessful. Despite his brief stint at Tiffin, Ivory's performance and speed attracted attention from NFL scouts, and he was thought to have a chance of becoming the first Tiffin player to be drafted by the NFL[5] The Saints became interested in Ivory, despite his injuries, after one of their scouts was impressed by Walkosky's enthusiastic recommendations.[1]