Chris Ivory

Discussion in 'New Orleans Saints Forum' started by Cajun Sensation, Aug 27, 2010.

1. ParadiseiNC

ParadiseiNC don't worry, be happy

you posted this a while back, and he proved you right today. he may be just a little bit quicker than Deuce, but good comparison. ran hard today from the clips i saw (did not actually get to see the game).

2. TigerBacker70

TigerBacker70 I'm the Cock of the Walk!

I saw the entire game today. He looked like Deuce today only more a powerful and faster version. I know that sounds like blasphemy but it's true. He was a beast, particularly on the one run he had up the middle where he broke 5 tackles and almost got it into the end zone. I was disappointed that in the series he made that run he was taken out and Betts got to score the TD. He had earned that carry into the end zone.

3. fanatic

fanatic Habitual Line Stepper

I was too, but he was hurt. He came limping off the field. It didn't look like anything too serious. Maybe a minor sprain.

4. Bayou Bengal11

Bayou Bengal11 ~Orlando Tiger Coonass~

all around career day for Ivory statistically...lets make this a routine thing before we start comparing him to Deuce :thumb:

5. TigerBacker70

Didn't realize he got injured. That explains it.

6. TigerBacker70

Don't get me wrong. He's not Deuce. Deuce was special. But he sure played like it today especially considering he got limited carries in the 3 back rotation. He needs to work on ball security before he can be considered special. But games like today make me giddy to think what the future of this offense can be considering he's the third string tailback. For now...

7. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

This guy could be better than Deuce if he stops fumbling. He did fumble again but it luckily went out of bounds. He won't last long in the NFL if he doesn't get that corrected.

This kid is special.

The Saints have a lovely run distribution problem on their hands moving forward with Bush and Thomas back for the Pittsburgh game, most likely.

8. fanatic

fanatic Habitual Line Stepper

With Reggie due $12 million next year (if the players are locked out), I believe the writing is on the wall. Look for Ivory to get more PT, even with a healthy Thomas and Bush. His skill set is different then Reggie's but he still creates matchup problems with LBs or safetys. I'm not sure how his hands are though. Have they even thrown to him yet?

Shockey's another one that's had a ****ty year so far. Unless he's wide open, he hasn't shown an ability to go up and get the ball. I hope Jimmy Graham see's the field more often going forward too. Everything I hear about him is the sky's the limit. Don't want to get too far ahead of myself, but he could be another Tony Gonzalez. Same height/weight and was also a pretty good basketball player too. According to the announcers on Sunday, he had 500 pts and 500 rebounds in his college career. Not to shabby. One he develops a rapport the Brees, it's all over.

9. TigerBacker70

Shockey's been dropping balls more often lately and Graham has slowly gotten a few more opportunities as the season has progressed. David Thomas is no slouch either at TE. Shockey's contract will probably not be renewed when it expires unless he wants to play cheap.

10. 100%TigerBred

100%TigerBred Founding Member

shockey sh###y year? He is a top 15 TE this year in all the league. 25 rec, 247 yds, 2 TDs, and the big stat 13 catches for 1st downs. He is 2nd on the team in receptions and TD's, and 3rd in rec yards. Explain how thats a sh!!!y year?