CBK has brought a special aura to this team

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by CagedTiger, Nov 12, 2022.

1. kcal

kcal Founding Member

LSU at 5 in the cfp rankings…. Win out and the Tigers are in…

Winston1 likes this.
  2. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

Ehh someone would have to lose, probably TCU

3. ROY_LA_CA

ROY_LA_CA Founding Member

Probably Georgia in the SEC championship.

Chipeace likes this.
  4. Hou-duco

Hou-duco Founding Member

If we win out, Ga. and either Ohio St. or Mich. will both have 1 loss. The winner of the Ohio St.- Mich game and probably TCU will be undefeated so they will be in. That would leave LSU, Ga., Mich., and likely USC competing for the other 2 spots. Would the committee take the (2) one loss teams over a two loss SEC champion?

USC could stumble vs. ND or in the PAC12 championship game. Buy, my guess is that if we and USC both win out, we are both in and both Ga. and the OSU-Mich losers are both out. Selecting the champions validates the importance of the conference championship games.

Last edited: Nov 22, 2022
  5. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

Well that would be a given in this scenario. I was talking about "other" teams ahead of us. I had mistakenly left out the loser of the osu/mich game as they may get left out. I still think we need TCU to drop a game.

6. CagedTiger

CagedTiger Freshman

I hear what you're saying, but I think it all comes down to how we win these last two games. If we absolutely dominate Texas A&M and play lights out against Georgia and pull out a win, I think we're in, period. If we struggle against the Aggies, that could also put us out of the playoffs because I don't think a 2-loss team that also struggled against a very weak Aggie team is going to get the nod over some of these other teams that are undefeated or have one loss. This weekend is huge no matter how you look at it! We have to dominate the Aggies to continue to be in the playoff discussion.

7. tigerpub

tigerpub Founding Member

The Aggies don’t look good no matter how you slice it. However, this is setting up for one of those, the other team plays inexplicably above anything seen from them all season. Then, the crowd gets all in. In other words, Aggies play like its their last game…because it IS. Game is worrisome.

8. KevinWS

KevinWS Founding Member

I am more worried about the Aggies playing dirty and taking cheap shots.

shane0911 likes this.
  9. CagedTiger

CagedTiger Freshman

We just need to get off to a fast start and absolutely dominate them the entire game. I firmly believe selection committee is looking for teams to eliminate themselves from contention to make their jobs a whole lot easier. For instance, Ohio State and Michigan play an incredible game and it comes down to a last second FG to win, I think both might make it in. On the other hand, LSU struggles against the Aggies and we might have given the selection committee enough to cross us off the list. The reality is we control our own destiny, if we can first dominate the Aggies!

10. Herb

Herb Founding Member

I find it more than interesting that we're basically in the same position Notre Dame was when we snatched Kelly away.
    Remember all the crap Kelly got in the press because he was leaving a team that had a legit shot to make the playoffs?