Can Trump be stopped?

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by shane0911, Jul 24, 2022.

1. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

Look, I am not opposed to him having that 2nd term however I just don't think it is a good idea for him to run. He probably knows that as well but his ego won't allow him to get out of the way.

Its clear the stupid democRats can't stop him so the only ones left are going to be the GOP and no NOT that idiot Liz Cheney, she will be out of a job soon anyhow. I think he will have to be ambushed by someone else on the right so we can absolutely swamp Michael Obama in '24. The question is, does anyone on the right have the balls to do it?

the old picker, StaceyO and Jmg like this.
  2. mctiger

mctiger RIP, and thanks for the music Staff Member

I think if he runs and wins, the Dems will be very careful not to do anything like damage federal buildings or kill anyone important, anything that would get compared to J6. Anything, and anyone, else will be fair game. They will burn down most of the country if he wins.

APPTiger likes this.
  3. Jmg

Jmg Veteran Member

its a great question and i dont know the answer.

its hard to argue with the immaculate resume of desantis. harvard and yale and navy seal. its hard to imagine anything more impressive on a human resume.

i like mike pompeo because he is realistic on china. also he is from harvard and west point.

of those two guys i would vote for the one most for legal drugs. desantis is for medical weed but not recreational. pompeo's position is unknown to me

4. XXL TideFan

XXL TideFan Founding Member

DJT is a vain man. DeSantis has positioned himself as the face of an America first populist type of candidate and I believe that Trump is working him behind the scenes because he knows that DeSantis is probably the 2nd most popular republican nationally. Pence is DOA

5. Frogleg

Frogleg Registered Best

Rand Paul. Libertarian Republican
    He would be great for America.

However, another 4 years of the Orange swamp wrecking ball would be good for American though.

6. shane0911

You guys are missing the point. Im asking not if someone can beat Trump, I'm asking if someone will come up with a way to derail him. A scandal, dirty laundry, some other nefarious shit that will get him to back down! It will have to be a Republican that throws him under the bus because the left has a double arm shitload of nothing!

StaceyO likes this.
  7. Frogleg

Frogleg Registered Best

If that were really possible it would have been done. By either side. From 2016 a blue and red swamp army has scoured the Earth for any possible thing. So you think that "the one" is coming in "this is the one". Seriously?

8. KyleK

KyleK Who, me? Staff Member

Trump would still be in office if he weren't a NY prick who can't be satisfied with winning. He loves rubbing your nose in it over and over.

If he had just stayed off of twitter...

StaceyO, mctiger and kcal like this.
  9. shane0911

I don't really know, that is the point of the thread. You raise a good point about if it were possible someone would have already done it. I can't think of a single policy Trump had that I disagreed with. I'm sure there were one or two but overwhelmingly he did great things. The country needs those policies more than ever right now but I'm not sure he is the guy to do it. I think it is better if he doesn't run.

StaceyO likes this.
  10. Rex

Rex Founding Member

Remind us again who won the last election.