Vote Now! Cam Cameron

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by @TheBayouBlogger, Nov 9, 2015.

?

Fire Cam Cameron at the end of the season or sooner?

1. Yes

4 vote(s)
    10.3%
  2. No

35 vote(s)
    89.7%
  1. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

We need a change in philosophy when playing Alabama. Thats it. Changing offensive coordinators will amount to zero.

2. ThePhenom74

ThePhenom74 Founding Member

Exactly, not to mention we tend to see the same bland, conservative play calling no matter who the OC. We could have had Bill Walsh calling plays and we would have seen the same stinkfest sat night. Plain and simple by deductive reasoning, Miles has his thumb print all over this O.

3. @TheBayouBlogger

@TheBayouBlogger Veteran Member

I know. I'm just saying, I don't think when we had offensive problems, Jimbo had all the answers and Miles stopped him from doing what needed to be done. I know no one said that here, but a couple of people did say that when I had this conversation elsewhere.

We had a relatively functional offense with Mettenberger for the last few games in 2012 and just about the whole season in 2013. There were a handful of quarters where the offense didn't do very well, but that is inevitable, especially in this conference.

4. @TheBayouBlogger

We can have someone use the two weeks to come up with more than I formation and "throw downfield".

Crowton was really good with stuff like that after a bye because we had a chance to practice it. He had problems when he called something goofy that you could tell wasn't really practiced well, especially with time running low.

5. @TheBayouBlogger

I'm sorry, I see too much difference between the 11 seasons he's been here to think it's Miles period or it's Miles 2009 to present.

We averaged 45 points for the first six games in 2013, and four of those were against P5 opponents.

Before the NCG, we scored 35 points in every game but two in 2011. Of those, only two stayed under 40.

The final scores were 35-7 and 38-7, so no reason to go over 40 in those. It wasn't like this year where we needed over 30 just to win against Florida, and we needed over 25 to beat Syracuse. Also, there was no excuse to only lead EMU by 8 after three quarters. One thing I think is common to Les is not applying pressure to score a bunch of vanity points.

Last edited: Nov 9, 2015
  6. LSUBraveheart

LSUBraveheart Veteran Member

This is a 100% Les Miles Offense.

Yall think the guy that developed Brees, Flacco and Rivers in the NFL is going to be running this kind of archaic "1950's" style Offense?

Cameron is calling the plays that Les Miles wants. He is doing exactly what's on the Scripted Game Plan that Miles approves of.

If Cameron was in charge, we'd have Brees, Flacco, Rivers and Mettenberger style QB's throwing the ball all over the place. (Which would make the running game that much more effective)

Brian likes this.
  7. fanatic

fanatic Habitual Line Stepper

THIS!! I've said it a 1000 times. Whatever year that was when Lee threw all of those pick/6s did more damage to Miles psyche than it ever did to Lee. The offense has not looked the same since. We went from a hybrid pro set team with some spread formations sprinkled in to a 1970s Big 10, 3 yards and a cloud of dust system. It doesn't matter if Mike Leach was the OC, the offense would look exactly like it does now.

Bengal B likes this.
  8. P&G_wheelz007

P&G_wheelz007 Football anyone?

Make it stop. Cam does what he's instructed to do.

9. Robidoux87

Robidoux87 You call that a double?

This theory only holds water if you pretend that the 2013 record-breaking offense never happened.

@TheBayouBlogger likes this.
  10. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

You disparage people persistently and then when they say "fuck this asshole" and move on, you call them out for it. Amazing.