Vote Now! California's water problem

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by LaSalleAve, Apr 2, 2015.

?

Is the California drought a direct result of climate change?

1. Well most climate scientists agree so yes

3 vote(s)
    15.8%
  2. Wild guess yes

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Yes you'd have to be an idiot to think it's not

3 vote(s)
    15.8%
  4. No, climate change hasn't had anything to do with it

1 vote(s)
    5.3%
  5. No there is not enough data to support this claim

7 vote(s)
    36.8%
  6. No, Climate change is a hoax

1 vote(s)
    5.3%
  7. Wild guess No

4 vote(s)
    21.1%
  1. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

Obama calls climate change an 'indisputable' security threat

http://news.yahoo.com/obama-frames-global-warming-national-security-threat-100248226--politics.html

"Make no mistake, it will impact how our military defends our country," Obama said on a crisp, sunny morning at Cadet Memorial Field. "We need to act and we need to act now."

"The only way the world is going to prevent the worst effects of climate change is to slow down the warming of the planet."

The evidence is "indisputable," he said.

I mean, Even Obama agrees it will take a "world" effort. and Effort that needs to be sooner than later. Force is becoming more and more plausible? BTW, there can be many forms of force IMO.

So red, its "indisputable". You ready for war?

2. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

You are confusing two issues. What a shock!

Obama is very clear, global warming will affect our military readiness and he listed the ways. Naval bases and many sea level facilities around the world will have to be relocated at great expense and complicating our defense. World order will become more volatile as droughts and crop failures proliferate and complicate our defense. National defense is a very good reason for America to take addressing climate change seriously.

The other issue is the lunatic fringe idea that you brought up in an earlier thread. That the United States should "force" other countries to comply with climate change control efforts through military action. Nobody advocates this, it wouldn't work anyway, and it is a non-issue.

3. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

I never said military action. You did.

4. red55

So what do you mean when you say we must "force" compliance?

Nothing.

5. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

So guns are the only means we have?

Lol. Use your brain dude

You know, you like to run around and be right all the time. You start shit for no reason some times.

Yes I said force. We have the means to force people to do things without military action.

Your the one who took it there.

Last edited: May 21, 2015
  6. uscvball

uscvball Founding Member

It's getting a little ugly out here. Tiered rates are a contentious issue.
    "One month after an appeals court affirmed that the city of San Juan Capistrano’s punitive tiered water-pricing system violated the state Constitution, the county’s largest water district is toughening its own tiered system to target water wasters....
    San Juan’s method of billing came under fire recently when a local taxpayers group accused the city of overcharging customers in violation of California’s Proposition 218, a 1996 ballot measure that forbade municipalities from charging for more than the cost of services.

A three-judge appeals court backed the group in April."

http://www.ocregister.com/articles/water-662583-customers-use.html

7. red55

No point in discussing anything with you.

8. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

Yea. I'm sorry I won't let you saddle me with your made up "military" argument.

9. mancha

mancha Alabama morghulis

Tough times in California right now. You don't know when the rains will return but when they do hope it is big.

Here in Dallas we were in Exceptional Drought stage by the end of last summer and our lakes were less than 50% capacity. We were on stage 3 water restriction at the beginning of April. Now, lakes are above conservation levels and areas are flooding. We can water when ever we want now (as if we need to).

Now that the reservoirs have filled, I hope we can maintain a good balance of water use. The area population is growing everyday but the water capacity hasn't. The next drought conditions are going to be tough.

10. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Its a bitch ain't it. Its been raining almost every day in Baton Rouge and my grass was too high only a few days after I mowed it.