Bush Might Sit Out?

Discussion in 'OTHER SPORTS Forum' started by Deceks7, Jul 22, 2006.

1. MFn G I M P

MFn G I M P Founding Member

Ding Ding Ding, we have a winner.

2. clair

clair Rockets

it's unfair, b/c the #1 pick was a D-Lineman

compare the average salaries of a RB to a D-Lineman

3. MFn G I M P

I think it is ridiculous that people are gonna say this is the Saints fault. It isn't the Saints fault that Bush wanted too much money from the Texans so they went with Mario Williams leaving Bush as the #2 pick and as a result he should get #2 money. Tough tittie for Bush he can sit out if he wants too, no one is forcing him to play for $2 million less than he wants.

I think people tend to automatically side with the individual over management a little too much. If Reggie Bush is gonna be as good as he, and apparently everyone else thinks, then he can renegotiate his contract in the next year or 2. After a couple seasons of standout performance he will have more leverage to get the money he wants. The man hasn't even stepped foot into training camp yet and people talk about him like he's gonna be the best running back since Jim Brown. He should take the #2 money, because that's what he is the #2 pick, and then renegotiate after he proves he is the 2nd coming. Or he can sit out a year but I really don't see how people can blame this on the Saints.

4. MFn G I M P

Tough tittie that doesn't mean Bush should be getting #1 money just because he is a RB.

5. MFn G I M P

Holy crap look at this, in 2006 the Franchise tender for Defensive ends is $8,332,000 and for running backs it is, well what do you know over $2 million less, $6,085,000. While the Transition tender for DE is $7,075,000 and for RB $5,153,000.

So the top 10 defensive ends made more than the top 10 running backs, who would've ever guessed that.

Wait and what is this the average salary for all DE is $1,368,536 and for all RB it is $952,830. Wow clair that is so unfair that Reggie Bush gets less money than Williams because of position. (these are 2001 numbers they are the only ones i can find at the moment, i'll look for more recent ones later)

6. Bengal Buddy

Bengal Buddy Founding Member

Benson has always been tight with a buck, but it is hard to determine who is at fault until we know what Bush has been offered. As the #2 pick in the draft and a Heisman Trophy winner, Bush certainly has a right to expect a substantial contract based on what others before him have received. The owners have to take some of the blame here for offering outragiously enourmous contracts and signing bonuses before a player has even set foot on the playing field. They have created expectations that are getting harder to meet because of the salary caps. In addition, by throwing all that money at rookies, they have created a culture of prima donnas. Of course, the sports agents have to take their share of the blame in this. There is enough blame to go around for everyone.

7. MikeD

MikeD Sports Genius

So the NFL is all about the guaranteed money...

Williams got 26.5 million.
    Young got 25.7 million.

Bush needs to do the math and realize what he's gonna get.

8. clair

clair Rockets

anything in the middle of Williams and Young, and i'd be happy

if the saints offer him less, he shouldn't sign

9. Crip*TEAM KATT

Crip*TEAM KATT As Wild As We Wanna Be

You know I really dont wish harm to anyone, well except kajunsauage and his butt buddy. BUT if Bush sits this year out and does this to the Saints, like the USC pussy we all know he is, I hope an earthquake DESTROYS his and his parents houses out there in LA.

10. TigerBait3

TigerBait3 Guest

eeaaassssyyy :yelwink2: