Brees WILLNOT sign tendered offer..

Discussion in 'New Orleans Saints Forum' started by fanatic, Mar 5, 2012.

1. KyleK

KyleK Who, me? Staff Member

Benson, when being interviewed about his purchase of the hornets had this to say about Drew:

Link (go to the bottom of the article)

2. mctiger

mctiger RIP, and thanks for the music Staff Member

I heard that too. ESPN naturally was contradictory, saying while Benson and Brees may be talking, Loomis and Brees' agent haven't spoken in quite some time.

3. KyleK

Of course. ESPN just likes to stir the pot.

4. b_leblanc

b_leblanc That's just my game...

Yep. Perhaps a little wishful thinking on Benson's part. He just broke the record for passing yards in a season. He helped bring you your first super bowl victory. Now that your head coach is gone for the year you need Brees now more than ever. Just pay the guy what he wants and get it over with.

5. KyleK

I'm sure if it was as easy as writing a check Benson would do it. We really don't know what is going on behind the scenes. We do know that salary cap issues are involved and we can't spend everything on one guy. If DB is such a team guy, why not put his cards on the table for the public to see? I would bet his agent is asking for the world and we are just unable to do it. A compromise is in order and it takes both sides.

6. b_leblanc

Yeah, I know, and this was my exact argument in the beginning, but now I guess I've just grown impatient, especially with all the turmoil surrounding the team.

7. KyleK

I hear ya. I just don't think DB is as innocent as he wants us to believe as far as the negotiations. I do hope they get it done soon.

....Wait a minute. If DB isn't signed, can he and CSP stay in contact w/ one another as far as the suspension is concerned?

8. b_leblanc

Probably wouldn't matter either way since neither one wouldn't be allowed in the team's facilities. Sean Payton probably has the entire season scripted out anyway.

9. KyleK

From WAFB this morning.

10. mctiger

mctiger RIP, and thanks for the music Staff Member

Ed Werder(ESPN) commented this morning that Brees says he has never asked for 23 million. Also, he says the media has been informed they will be allowed no more than the absolute minimum access as mandated by the league for these workouts.