Brees will sign new deal Friday or Monday

Discussion in 'New Orleans Saints Forum' started by MikeInLa, Jun 7, 2012.

1. wjray

wjray .-.. ..- -.- .

2. KyleK

KyleK Who, me? Staff Member

Nah, he ain't greedy. He's got the teams best interests at heart.

3. mobius481

mobius481 Registered Member

4. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

no worries here huh. Looks like reality is setting in for the dumb saints management and the idiots will see the true value of brees after all. when it all should have been done 2 years ago. oh but let's sweat him for some extra money when the value of him in camp long ago with no coach was worth that much 10 fold.

we enjoyed the ride. thanks for everything. Back to the genius Loomis and Benson show and the 40 years of misery they provided before Brees arrived.

some people are just really slow learners and wont see his value until they are wearing bags in a couple years reminiscing of that run the saints put together when they backed into an elite qb.

one in 40 yrs. archie doesnt really count.

stevescookin likes this.
  5. mctiger

mctiger RIP, and thanks for the music Staff Member

I find it telling that Chris Mortenson of ESPN, which took absolute glee in every minute of Bountygate, has "sources" that are going doomsday on the Brees deal, but Mike Detillier, who has impeccable sources in Louisiana in general and with the Saints in particular, is predicting the deal will get done in time.

6. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

i think mortenson is the objective bystander here. certainly not detillier or the fans who are saints homers. of course you want to think its all peachy. saints are stupid and it may just cost the entire franchise. over a petty amount. fucking idiots.

7. fanatic

fanatic Habitual Line Stepper

Spot on, tirk and that's what's so infuriating. How can they NOT see his true value; especially now after Payton is gone for the year. Loomis can't be that big of an idiot. Something tells me Benson is the holdup. I can see him being an idiot in this situation. And, Loomis has loyalty to Benson because of his recent promotion (I guess you could call it that) overseeing the Hornets. Still, a good GM could convince the team owner to do the right thing and the right thing here is to give Drew Brees everything he's asking for. And then some.

Morons..

8. mctiger

Again, "The Saints have already offered Brees the richest contract in league history". Read those words again.... "the richest contract in league history." Oh, and did I mention....The Saints have already offered Brees the richest contract in league history! How can anyone possibly look at that and assess the blame 100% on the Saints?

KyleK, b_leblanc and mobius481 like this.
  9. KyleK

KyleK Who, me? Staff Member

Exactly. Brees is the best QB, but he is also one greedy dude.

10. mctiger

They value him enough to offer to make him the highest paid player in league history! I love me some Drew Brees, but I don't think he's the greatest of all time. What I do believe is that his body of work merits him being one of the top two or three top paid players today, and they certainly are offering that. And you question whether Loomis should be loyal to Benson? Of course he should! He's the general manager of the man's football team! We have no idea where Benson figures into these negotiations. But we should all realize that Loomis has to be concerned with the big picture, not just Drew Brees. He's got 53 players to pay, and a limited amount (per league rules, not Benson) with which to pay them. And if they're talking about a 5-year deal in the $20 million a year range, that means he's got to consider the ramnifications of what that contract will mean to the salary cap in each of those years.

Screw what Chris Mortenson thinks. It will get done.

KyleK and b_leblanc like this.