Brees will sign new deal Friday or Monday

Discussion in 'New Orleans Saints Forum' started by MikeInLa, Jun 7, 2012.

1. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

no its not. yours is offbase. brees is the franchise and the best player to ever don a saints uniform. done more for the city and charities than any other past or present saints player. And is the only one to ever lead them to a super bowl oh and win it.

he means more to this team than anyone including sean payton.

this isnt just another franchise player you have to put a tag on. he is the franchise.

once you understand that you'll understand this isnt simply a personnel decision. goes much deeper than that.

we know it (besides you), the gm should know it and even bensons dumb ass has an idea of it.

2. stevescookin

stevescookin Certified Who Dat

Glad to see you back, tirk....in your absence, I tended to pontificate infallibly and sanctimoniously ex cathedra as pope and king of the world.

Welcome back loyal subject !!

:D

3. MikeInLa

MikeInLa Founding Member

THIS. (like)
    You just don't treat your star QB this way. In my opinion, without Payton, you NEED Brees to be there. These two guys created this offense. If Payton isn't there, then at least you have the other half of that mindset on hand and taking action. Pay the man and move on. Its not like you won't make your money. The Saints fans will be there. Without Brees, I can imagine some not being there.

4. KyleK

KyleK Who, me? Staff Member

Hmm, y'all are right. We should pay him 100million / year. He's worth it.

5. tirk

yep right around that. 4 yrs 100 mill is about what hes worth. But he's going to take less anyhow.

6. mobius481

mobius481 Registered Member

I'm with Kyle on this one. It's not a disrespect thing. This is the way things go. We have to have money left to build a team. Loomis has proven to be a good GM (outside of the bounty deal) and is in the middle of a business deal. This verdict was needed to determine where the leverage, and therefore the last 4-5 million dollars was going to go. No need to worry, we're not going to lose Brees. Loomis knows that's not an option. Brees will get paid, and this will all be forgotten.

Cajun Sensation and KyleK like this.
  7. tirk

you dont sweat a once in a lifetime player like Brees who didnt hold out last year when he knew the saints mgmt was fucking him around. He played it out, set the all-time passing record and continued with his usual professionalism. Yet even he knows now they are going about this unprofessionally given all he has done.

Saints had never won dick since their inception til 40 yrs later. They recognize Brees is a majority part in this. They need to give him whatever his wishes within reason.

All this is playing out in typical saints fashion. They are stupid and always will be. There's nothing thats going to change that. Once Brees is gone it will be much more clearer to the remaining ray charles out there.

8. mobius481

If they don't sign him by the 16th, I'll probably agree with you. Not yet though.

9. tirk

The damage is done to an extent. Other players see how they are sweating him given everything he's done. They know the saints management will not take of them in the same situation if they strung brees out this far. And they will be correct. This isnt New England with a history of success.

And if Brees has an off year it can be attributed to the nonsense taking place now. Goes beyond them eventually getting it done. His pride has taken a hit with stupid Loomis saying he's good but not great. what a genius.

stevescookin likes this.
  10. mobius481

Yeah, i just don't think it's that big of a deal.