......Black and Gold.... The App State thread

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by APPTiger, Oct 24, 2019.

1. lsu-i-like

lsu-i-like Playoff advocate

2. APPTiger

APPTiger still unable to post Geaux Tigers!

WOW, hadn't seen that one. They have us playing in 5-6 different bowls against everyone from Florida, to now LSU. While we welcome a higher profile bowl against higher profile teams, I am a little concerned. See we've never lost a bowl game since moving to FBS. We have won 6 straight and been eligible 6 straight seasons. Going to lose one eventually but.....

GiantDuckFan likes this.
  3. APPTiger

4. APPTiger

[​IMG]
    ESPN 3:30 EST/ 2:30 CST App State faces off against the fighting Billy Napier's for the Sun Belt Championship.
    Lafayette destroyed App in an earlier game this year, handing the Apps their worst lost in a decade.
    The Sun Belt Championship game has been played three times. All three games have been between App and ULL.
    All time- App State won the first 8 meetings between the schools, ULL has won the last 2.
    Games between these two are usually close, not last time, App was embarrassed. Let's see if App can right the ship.

5. APPTiger

App embarrassed again. Our defense played reasonably well but our offense had no answer for their D. Hats off to ULL, three straight wins after 8 straight defeats. Thinking Napier finally has us figured out. Glad he's leaving.

GiantDuckFan likes this.
  6. GiantDuckFan

GiantDuckFan be excellent to each other Staff Member

yeah,.. i hate football, mumble

APPTiger likes this.
  7. APPTiger

Sometimes it's great, sometimes it sucks. Yesterday, it sucked.

GiantDuckFan likes this.
  8. APPTiger

App State got the RoofClaim.com Boca Raton Bowl. Game is against Western Kentucky. Kick off is Saturday at 11 am ESPN.
    App is a slight favorite but shouldn't be. Their offense is spectacular and our offense has been mostly offensive.
    Western Ky is located in the middle of the tornado destruction. App State is raising money on several fronts as well as supplies.
    This one was started by one of our podcast guys. Started out with a goal of $ $3,333 (Boone's elevation and a common theme with stuff like this). Goal was reached almost immediately and has been raised and re raised.
    You may remember App State students presented LSU with a relief aid check after Katrina.
    Proud of my school sometimes.
    If you are so inclined, you can help here.
    https://www.gofundme.com/f/mountain...dium=copy_link&utm_campaign=p_cf+share-flow-1

9. kcal

kcal Founding Member

the tornado missed my house by about ten miles as it was going on a 200 mile ride through the state.

about 100 displaced here in Campbellsville, Ky. and very lucky it wasn’t more. Friends I know lost literally everything….

APPTiger likes this.
  10. furduknfish

furduknfish #ohnowesuckagain

Prayers sent, baw. If you got any local relief funds, post em up.

APPTiger and kcal like this.