......Black and Gold.... The App State thread

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by APPTiger, Oct 24, 2019.

1. APPTiger

APPTiger still unable to post Geaux Tigers!

It's homecoming week in Boone. Couple of pics from over the years.
    First from the mid 60's. I had to verify that it's not form the movie Animal House.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG][​IMG]

GiantDuckFan and Hou-duco like this.
  2. GiantDuckFan

GiantDuckFan be excellent to each other Staff Member

lol, it sure reminds me of it

APPTiger likes this.
  3. kluke

kluke Founding Member

BULLSHIT!! That top picture is absolutely from Animal House!! I recognize trombone player in the marching band behind the float as the one of the guys that marched into the brick wall alley. :)
    Seriously, it looks like the producers used that picture as a model of how to build the homecoming float and parade.
    Great picture.
    Looking at the businesses along the sides. I see the Gulf station where I guarantee that while you sat in your car an attendant would pump, your gas, ask if he could check your oil, and check the the air in all your tires. With a smile, and thank you. One of my first jobs. And you couldn't lock the handle to pump the gas and and it didn't automatically shut off when the tank was full. Nope, you had to hold the lever on the handle and listen for when the tank was full so you could go before it overflowed all over you. Hope you remembered to put your cigarette down. Because in those days - everybody in the South smoked.

Edit - just remembered one of the main characters in Animal House was - - -Boone!

APPTiger and GiantDuckFan like this.
  4. Hou-duco

Hou-duco Founding Member

You described one of my 1st jobs to a ”T , except you also had to ask if they needed their windshield cleaned. Gas was 33 cents a gallon and they would ask for $1.00 of gas and expected you to do the whole routine.

APPTiger and GiantDuckFan like this.
  5. kluke

kluke Founding Member

Yep your right, I did leave out that the windshield was also part of the service. Truth be told, if the driver was a girl/lady with a short skirt, or low blouse displaying cleavage I didn't ask - I just cleaned it - and cleaned it WELL!! AND just about all of them wore dresses of some kind. 60s women didn't wear pants!! Learned my two favorite words - Mini Skirt. Great decade!!

6. GiantDuckFan

Animal House was filmed in Eugene and on the Oregon campus by the way,.. Dean Wormer's office was actually our University President's office in the old administration building,.. i was a student there while they were making the movie,.. good memories, i could go on and on about it,.. Toga.! . Toga.!

7. Hou-duco

Hou-duco Founding Member

So were you an extra in the filming? Parade scene? Food fight? Toga party?

8. GiantDuckFan

no, i watched from a distance for awhile when they filmed the food fight scene, i saw belushi up close.! .. had 3 friends of friends who were in the movie, two with small speaking parts, one stood in his underwear in the fraternity initiation scene,.. the sex scene was filmed on the field at autzen stadium,.. the parade scene was shot in Cottage Grove, a little town a few miles south of eugene,.. toga parties were all the rage,. maybe still are

this video is played at the end of the third quarter at all of our home football games,.. shown at our women and men's basketball games too,.. we claim it as ours

APPTiger, Hou-duco and kcal like this.
  9. APPTiger

GiantDuckFan and Winston1 like this.
  10. APPTiger

App State rallies to take down Troy 45-7. After a slow start the Mountaineers decide to get off the bus and score 42 straight points. The App State defense held Troy to 0 first Downs and 20 yards total offense after the first quarter. RB Nate Noel passed ove 1,00 yards rushing in this game giving App State a 1,000 yard rusher for the last ten consecutive years. The closest other schools are Buffalo and Minnesota with three each.
    With a home game next week against arch rival Georgia Southern, the win today clinched the Eastern Division of the Sun Belt for the Mountaineers. This sets up a rematch with ULL in Lafayette for the Sun Belt Championship. The Mountaineers were embarrassed there earlier this year.
    [​IMG] vs[​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 20, 2021
    Winston1 likes this.