Beware of my Rockets.

Discussion in 'OTHER SPORTS Forum' started by clair, Jan 23, 2008.

1. TigerBait3

TigerBait3 Guest

I'm one, too. And I still hate 'em. :grin:

2. CajunlostinCali

CajunlostinCali Booger Eatin Moron

First thing you see in my lawyers office is a sign that says "First we kill all the lawyers"

Hand in hand.

3. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

Are the Rockets just teasing Clair once again as they always seem to do on an annual basis?

Or is this for real?

They are playing awfully well.

4. clair

clair Rockets

Listen, I am a fan, but also a realist and in none of the past 5 seasons did I really "Really" think the team had a shot, but this year, I kinda do.

Hey, I love T-Mac and he will be my fav player until he retires, but he is too passive to be a star, go-to, No. 1 guy.

He is more of a Scottie Pippen kind of guy who likes to get a few points, a few rebounds and a few assists (8 tonight).

So now that it is Yao's team and not Tracy's and the offense is running more through Yao, they are a much, much, much stronger TEAM.

On any given night, Mac, Yao, Scola, Alston, Battier, Wells, Brooks, Landry can all drop 15 on you.

Never in my years as a fan of the franchise have I seen so many offensive weapons on the team.

And definitely not since Yao has been here. You just can't double anyone on the floor, because with Adelman's motion scheme, the cutters will make you pay.

We'll see. For Houston it's all about the matchup. We can play with the teams without the "great" PGs.

Nash and Paul own us, but we hang in well with Dallas and San Antonio and could probably beat Los Angeles (at least before the trade) and Denver.

We played with Utah and took them to 7 games, but in all reality, they probably could have and should have won all 7 games.

The 3 we won were all down-to-the-wire games and the 4 they won were pretty much all blowouts.

We'll see. It might be just another one-and-done, but regardless, this year's team would beat last year's team in a playoff series, easily.

Probably either in a sweep or in just 5 games. Way, way, way more offensive firepower, because Van Cunty ran off Bonzi this past year.

5. clair

clair Rockets

Add steady Luther Head to my above list.

He gets lost because he is hurt and has missed the past 4 games, but he can stroke it.

6. clair

clair Rockets

To illustrate the point I made above.

The Rockets win for the 7th straight time tonight, beating the Blazers. Huge win, because now we own the season tie-breaker on them.

7 wins in a row, 11 of 12 and 15-3 in 2008.

Anyway, The great wall had 25 pts and 7 boards

then the supporting cast:
    Alston 17
    McGrady 12 pts, 4 rebs, 6 assists, 2 steals
    Battier 11
    Scola 11 pts 7 boards
    Bonzi 9 pts 6 boards

7. clair

clair Rockets

8 wins in a row, 12 of 13 and 16-3 in 2008.

The Rockets dominated the Kings, then took an early All-Star break, getting dominated in the 4th quarter and actually blew all of their 20 point lead.

With the team down 1, McGrady took it to the hole, drew a double and kicked to Steve Novak who hit a three with 2.5 to win it.

25 and 14 for the Great Wall.

8. LSUMASTERMIND

LSUMASTERMIND Founding Member

Clair just one thing I want to say.....................

Deeetroittttttttttttttt Basketballlllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll

9. clair

clair Rockets

speaking of Detroit, we did something Detroit can't do: Beat Cleveland.

9 in a row.

Both Yao and Mac played like hell, but the Rockets stifled Queen James and co., holding Cleveland to 85 points, the 6th time in a row we hold opponents under 90.

T-Mac and Yao were 9-38, and we still gutted it out. Amen to balanced scoring.

10. LSUMASTERMIND

LSUMASTERMIND Founding Member

oh we beat Cleveland in 2005, so you are wrong once again. We have won a ship this decade as well.