Best Restaurant in the City you are In Right Now

Discussion in 'Good Eats' started by TigerBait3, Feb 27, 2009.

1. OkieTigerTK

OkieTigerTK Tornado Alley

is there a bodacious in marshall? i think there is one in paris, texas. i pass one all the time when i go through there on my trips back and forth. any good? if so, i may have to stop some day and get a sandwich for the road.

its gotta beat the happy meal i had for a late lunch today.

2. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

Bodacious Bar-B-Q is off I-10 at Marshall and at Longview too. It's very good Barbeque and the beef is better than the pork. Good tater salad.

3. Beaux-Bo

Beaux-Bo Founding Member

A week late. I was in Hot Springs last week and ate at the Porter House... Not great for the prices. Will have to remember Doe's next year. Thanks

4. MLUTiger

MLUTiger Secular Humanist

Good place to eat of you dig beef brisket.

5. tuckerman

tuckerman Veteran Member

Jasper's in Shops at Legacy Plano. Upscale version of down home favs. Beautiful restaurant, great area, the wife loves it.

Nate's at 75 and Stacy Rd. in Allen. Closest thing to Lafayette seafood. Newer, bigger and better than the original in Addison. Live blues Fri. and Sat. nite.

Houston's on Beltline in Addison. Best ribs you'll ever eat. Always crowded. Outstanding bar.

Three Forks Steak House on N. Dallas Tollway, Dallas. If you like steaks you have to eat there once. Unbelievable facility.

6. martin

martin Banned Forever

new york has thousands of great places. my favorite right now are joe's ginger in chinatown (soup dumplingts) and cevabdzinica sarajevo (bosnian sausages) in astoria.

7. StaceyO

StaceyO Football Turns Me On

I've been to Jasper's a couple of times. I live just a couple of miles down Legacy from there. It's pretty good, though rather expensive. Nothing like paying $28 for rotisserie chicken and $9 for a glass of wine!

I haven't tried Nate's, but I should put it in the rotation.

Every time I want steak, I go to Randy's in Frisco.

8. TigerNtz

TigerNtz Ridley

If you ever make it up to Natchez, MS (80 miles north of Baton Rouge on hwy 61) you have to eat lunch at Mammy's Cupboard. The restaurant is built inside a 28-foot tall black woman's skirt (not so politically correct for modern times). The original restaurant opened in 1940, and has endured cycles of decay and restoration.

Try the desserts and you will surely come back for more!

[​IMG]

9. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

I've seen it but I never stopped. Looks like a giant Aunt Jemima.

Reminds me of Al Jolson in blackface "how I love you, how I love you, Maaaa aam me'

10. tuckerman

tuckerman Veteran Member

Have never tried Randy's, but have known about it for years. Will get up there soon. You'll like Nate's. Always seems like LA people there. Fun, friendly place.