Best BBQ in all 50 states

Discussion in 'Good Eats' started by stevescookin, Jun 12, 2018.

1. diamondheadtiger

diamondheadtiger Founding Member

2. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

That's a lot more reasonable. I paid $9 for a bottle of sauce when I was in a store and the guy who created it was there give tastes of it. He was from Louisiana and said he had worked some places in the orient. I think it was called Caision BBQ or something like that. It was great but I haven't seen it again on any grocery store shelves.

stevescookin likes this.
  3. stevescookin

stevescookin Certified Who Dat

I might be a heretic, but I use BBQ sauce almost every time I eat it. When I make the sauce, I simmer a lemon sized cheesecloth sachet of whole cloves and pickling spices in the sauce for a half hour or so until it tastes how I like it. For some reason, it makes it unique tasting.

I try to make the sauce concentrated flavorwise because it gets diluted when a bite of meat is eaten along with it. It tastes different out the pot than it does on meat.

4. stevescookin

5. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Every time you eat what? Pancakes? Ice cream? Gumbo?

6. stevescookin

Smoked meat...BBQ. lol

7. Kal-El012

Kal-El012 Founding Member

I have eaten at Big Mike's BBQ in Houma. Have also eaten at the below establishments as well and Big Mike's is by far better. I will go as far as to tell you that Big Mike's was not great before they changed locations. I did not like it at all early on. Found that it was dry and lacking flavor. Not sure if it was new management or what, but it improved a lot since moving next to the Civic Center. I get the three meat combo with beans and tater salad mm hmm.

Blue Oak BBQ in New Orleans
    The Shack in Mississippi
    Podnas in Baton Rouge

Last edited: Jul 23, 2019
  8. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

I used to eat at Podnah's all tbe time before the one nearest to my house burned down. I still stop at the one on Sherwood Forest if I'm ever in that area and I'm hungry. Not great BBQ but still pretty good for the money.

9. mctiger

mctiger RIP, and thanks for the music Staff Member

There was a Bill McClard who kicked for the Pigs and then the Saints in the early 70's. Wonder if he is part of that family.

10. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Football and food just go well together. Charles Alexander and Rohan Davey both have food businesses and Matt Flynn created his own sports drink.