Bell's knee is ok

Discussion in 'New Orleans Saints Forum' started by mctiger, Sep 21, 2009.

1. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

We have a hungry Pierre Thomas waiting in the wings.

Hopefully he is ready to go, because we need Bell for the long haul. If it's questionable, we need to sit him out.

2. mctiger

mctiger RIP, and thanks for the music Staff Member

Huge emphasis on the word "hungry." Pierre's been hungry since he went undrafted and we signed him 2 years ago. I'm sure when Deuce got cut and the team didn't make a major move at tailback in free agency or the draft, he thought his day had come. Now, one minor knee injury later, and suddenly Bell's playing Kanye West to his Taylor Swift (Bell's stealing PT's moment, just in case anyone failed to get the analogy).

Hungry? Pierre's going to be a starving dog at the door to the Alpo factory when he gets back on the field.

Saintslogo Saintslogo Saintslogo Saintslogo Saintslogo Saintslogo

3. Crip*TEAM KATT

Crip*TEAM KATT As Wild As We Wanna Be

Playing the Bills I think we can sit Bell make sure that he is completely healthy for the long haul...we can activate Hamilton for this week. Next Week Thomas should be completely healthy to where we would not need Bell again and Week 5 is the bye.

SO that would give Bell 3 weeks to get completely healed!

4. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Bottom line: should I start Mike Bell against the Bills or should I replace him with Felix Jones or Kevin Faulk or should I look to pick up a free agent RB? Right now Bell is listed as questionable and the Yahoo projection for Bell is 0 points

My QB is Drew Brees and I have 3 great WRs. In my league I have the choice of either starting 3 RBs and 2 WRs or 3 WRs and 2 BBs

You can see that I drafted heavily in favor of WRs so I don't have any franchise RBs unless Knowshon Moreno lives up to his potential

5. Crip*TEAM KATT

I would watch Foxs Sunday show Jay Glazer should have wither or not he will play then you will have about 10 min to switch if need be

6. Krypto

Krypto Huh?

I think i would go Felix Jones

7. Crip*TEAM KATT

WDSU reported at 6pm that Bell is OUT for Sundays game....they did not have a timetable for his return but did throw into the report that it took Thomas 4 weeks to come back from the MCL sprain.

I do not think we will see Bell back on the field until AFTER the Week 5 Bye!

Also Hamliton is activated for this Sunday and should get a far share of the carries