Beginning of the end

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by LSU_4_LIFE, Sep 5, 2021.

1. lsu-i-like

lsu-i-like Playoff advocate

If his players can’t play that is absolutely the coach’s fault. And motivation is supposed to be his specialty.

2. unclenick

unclenick LSU & USMC

Josh Pate nails the current state of LSU football

3. Buzz69

Buzz69 Freshman

4. Winston1

Winston1 Founding Member

This is a reader’s comment from below the article. Take it for what it’s worth...probably nothing.

” Patty Carpenter who works as personal secretary and assistant to Nick Saban is reporting a huge story. She says the Alabama legend did take a private phone call from LSU athletic director and a few others on a conference call after practice Tuesday. She says LSU has offered Saban the same salary he has now at Alabama. Plus a two hundred million dollar signing bonus for a guaranteed 8 year stay with the tigers.

Apparently the Alabama people have refused to match it. Instead they have offered only a fraction more. Stating that Saban has already signed a new contract. Word is that LSU will have to completely buy out Saban’s current deal. Apparently Nick had words with some of the Alabama front office. Described only as a heated exchange and Saban saying something about his loyalty shouldn’t be the issue. It’s a business and this is a business deal.

She says Alabama doesn’t believe LSU can afford to pay him and buy out his current deal. Nonetheless, she says it appears that LSU absolutely intends on paying the price, providing Saban van ink his entire staff for the full 8 seasons and bring them all to LSU. She believes it’s a done deal. With the exception of Pete Golding who Alabama has said will be considered as the new head coach with Alabama should he remain loyal to Alabama. This is seen as Alabama throwing a cog in the wheel. In a last hope of keeping Saban.

Also Alabama is refusing to even comment on these reports. Apparently it is Saban who allowed the leak as a means of pressure. According to the story. The offer is just way too good to turn down. She confirmed what was meant as a after this season negotiation. Has now become Saban possibly taking the LSU coaching position as soon as a vacancy is opened up. Saban apparently wants the move to happen quickly as opposed to being drawn out. Therefore it could go down quickly. However it’s important to note. Those signing off on this deal have demanded the entire staff including Pete Golding. This could become an issue and a possible sticking point.

Apparently Saban is negotiating with both Golding and LSU at this moment. When this story officially gets released. This should be a huge bombshell. ”

5. Buzz69

Buzz69 Freshman

It will be interesting to see if she's working for Nick next week.

shane0911 and kluke like this.
  6. lsu-i-like

lsu-i-like Playoff advocate

Sounds legit. Saban loves coon-asses.

7. kluke

kluke Founding Member

I have personal knowledge that I of course can't divulge.
    The source for this is Q!!;)

Herb, Hou-duco, shane0911 and 4 others like this.
  8. TBTrumpet

TBTrumpet Founding Member

If there are enough boosters willing to put up that kind of money, then sure. Why not? Make Saban an offer he can't refuse.

I'd love to see it just for the lolz of watching all the Bama fans' heads explode

shane0911 and LSU_4_LIFE like this.
  9. Buzz69

Buzz69 Freshman

Nick's almost 70 years old. He has more than enough money to live a luxurious lifestyle the rest of his life. Why would he want to leave Bama & come to LSU & inherit this mess? Is he driven by his ego to make one last run in Baton Rouge?

msully likes this.
  10. mancha

mancha Alabama morghulis

And behind the curtain is Jimmy Sexton squeezing blood out of a turnip.

shane0911 and LSU_4_LIFE like this.