Beginning of the end

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by LSU_4_LIFE, Sep 5, 2021.

1. Buzz69

Buzz69 Freshman

They turned out to be correct.

2. Guido Merkins

Guido Merkins Founding Member

Point 1...you're right. He did stay for 3 years, but there were rumors, especially in year 3 that they were having issues getting along. As far as I'm aware, I just don't recall hearing Aranda having issues with getting along with anybody.....except Ed Orgeron

Point 2....disagree. Orgeron himself said he put a stop to the motions and such in the offense, at the very least. Once again, it is difficult for me to imagine Mike Tomlin giving Canada the job if he was a problem. If he was a problem, he certainly would have seen it by now. I think the Steelers are gonna be really good on offense this year so I think you are gonna be disappointed if you are waiting for him to fail.

Point 3....Pellini had success at Nebraska, not 20 years ago. Maybe he totally lost it in the last 5 years but nothing in his career suggests what we saw in 2020 from the defense. Since we saw the exact same thing on Saturday and we saw last year, I'm only suggesting that perhaps Pellini wasn't the issue. Let me put it this way, who has had a more distinguished coaching career. Ed Orgeron or Bo Pellini? Before 2019, the answer was really clear.

Anyway, just my thoughts. I appreciate your perspective!!!

Regardless, even if I'm totally wrong on #2 and #3, the fact is that Ed Orgeron hired those two guys. Their failures are his failures, along with Linehan and Sullivan

3. Kal-El012

Kal-El012 Founding Member

4. Hou-duco

Hou-duco Founding Member

Let’s just say that we agree to disagree. Your last comment about the hiring failures is true. But Orgeron was responsible for assembling the 2019 staff that gave us a15-0 national championship team for arguably the finest season ever. Lightning in a bottle, selling our soul to the devil? Would you trade that year + (1 or maybe 2) 5-5 years for 4 years of 8-4 or 9-3 seasons under Miles? Jimbo? Herman? If we are under 8-4 this year, then I am all in for a change.

5. Guido Merkins

Guido Merkins Founding Member

2019 was awesome. Yeah, I would trade almost anything for that season. It was magical

I'm also not of the belief that we needed Ed Orgeron to win that title. Any number of coaches could have accomplished the same thing with Joe Burrow and those receivers. And maybe we wouldn't be 5-6 since if we had another coach.

I guess I just see 2019 as the anomaly. Other than that season, this has always looked like a program led by Ed Orgeron.

6. Buzz69

Buzz69 Freshman

Ed's record at LSU:
    2016 6 - 2
    2017 9 - 4
    2018 10 - 3
    2019 15 - 0
    2020 5 - 5
    2021 0 - 1
    Total: 43 - 15
    If my elementary math skills are correct that's a winning percentage of 74%. Discount 2020 and I would say he's had a hell of a career at LSU.

7. Kal-El012

Kal-El012 Founding Member

Leslie had a nice winning percentage too. Where'd that get him? lol

8. TerryP

TerryP Founding Member

With the in-state talent found every coach at LSU should have those numbers.

9. kluke

kluke Founding Member

Its never about the one's you win; its the ones you lose and most importantly who you lose them to

10. TCUTiger

TCUTiger Founding Member

If EO has to worry about fundamentals with #7, then reread what I first posted.