Beginning of the end

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by LSU_4_LIFE, Sep 5, 2021.

1. Guido Merkins

Guido Merkins Founding Member

Other than 2019, this is exactly what I thought our program would look like being run by Ed Orgeron.

Great recruiting, bad hires, trying to sign coaches under contract with somebody else, teams poorly prepared, conduct unbecoming a major college coach, unaccountability

If it wasn’t for 2019 he’d already be fired…

Pjoe and LSU_4_LIFE like this.
  2. Chipeace

Chipeace Country Roads Tiger

So what’s the difference in Pellini and what we saw last night

3. lsu-i-like

lsu-i-like Playoff advocate

Pellini never improved and had been a coordinator for years.

4. unclenick

unclenick LSU & USMC

8-10 year NFL DB & LB coach & 7 year HC at Nebraska. Never won less than 9 games there. Cornhuskers just 1 winning season since he was fired.

Stupid to think Pelini just forgot how to coach under O. He wasn't allowed a linebacker coach when asked by O to install a 4-3 defense.

Last night just plain sucked on defense.

5. Winston1

Winston1 Founding Member

That’s my point, there doesn’t seem to be. He doesn’t appear to have the capability to make good hires.

LSU_4_LIFE and lsu-i-like like this.
  6. msully

msully Founding Member

None not the coaches the talent is the same . Cannot think on their feet .

7. Guido Merkins

Does Orgeron actually allow his coordinators to coach?

I heard all kinds of things about Orgeron sticking his nose into Canada's and Aranda's business. Hadn't heard it about Pellini, but quite frankly, all three of those guys have shown more competence as coaches over the years than Ed Orgeron ever has, so maybe the coordinators are not the issue. Maybe it's Ole Miss, Ed Orgeron....he never left.

LSU_4_LIFE likes this.
  8. Guido Merkins

I have a theory on this and I think Ed O is sticking his nose into his coordinators business. I have three pieces of evidence

1. Dave Aranda couldn't get out of here fast enough. There were rumors that he and O didn't get along. Maybe O was sticking his nose into Aranda's defense and he didn't like it. Aranda had never been a problem before that I know of
    2. Canada. Ed, openly, started messing with Canadas offense early. Canada had a reputation as a good offensive mind and is now the offensive coordinator for the Pittsburgh Steelers, one of the most stable organizations in any sport
    3. Pellini. I haven't heard that O was messing with his defense, but I also have never known Pellini to be THAT incompetent. In fact, just the opposite, he's had a nice career, including a run with LSU before. Now he's out because of he "didn't fit in."

Seems like to me there is one common denominator.....

What do you think?

9. LSU_4_LIFE

LSU_4_LIFE Founding Member

I agree on all accounts and am convinced 100% that this is honestly what’s happening in Baton Rouge. No quality coordinators will come work for him. He’s a fucking bafoon.

The guy rips his shirt off, punches himself in the face, takes selfies with chicks in bed, talks shit to opposing teams fans, the list goes on and on.

Remember “roll tide what, fuck you” that was a perfect example of who this guy is. He’s equivalent to a fan coaching LSU.

Same jackass that put his Ole Miss team through a full contact scrimmage during a lightning delay and later got his ass destroyed.

northernvatiger likes this.
  10. Guido Merkins

I agree with everything you posted here. I remember some people loving the "F Bama" thing when it happened, but that's not the way a head coach in the SEC should conduct himself. I'm sorry. Guy is supposed to the be the face of your program. Class and decorum is part of the job description. Plus.....you just beat them for the first time in what, 10 years? Some humility probably was called for in that situation. Burrow wasn't gonna be back the next year. So, not only lacking in class, but lacking in intelligence. You had to know that Saban was gonna use that the next year. He did and you got embarrassed....again

LSU_4_LIFE and northernvatiger like this.