Beginning of the end

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by LSU_4_LIFE, Sep 5, 2021.

1. LSU_4_LIFE

LSU_4_LIFE Founding Member

It’s the same shitty players killing us. Anthony, Clark, Farrell, Baskerville, Harris. No push up front. Can’t get off blocks. Biting hard on the RPO, poor communication, can’t fight through rub routes and ultimately can’t tackle. Kids just haven’t been coached up or they’re just that damn bad.

tirk and Pjoe like this.
  2. gynojunkie

gynojunkie "Pooties R Us"

And your worst fears came to be realized!

3. gynojunkie

gynojunkie "Pooties R Us"

How many of these "kids" are getting a full ride? Jesus, things are slipping off the edge. I always thought that one had to earn his billet--then was required to keep earning it as long as the university kept up its part of the bargain.

LSU_4_LIFE likes this.
  4. LSU_4_LIFE

Reality is that Ed isn’t getting fired anytime soon. Let’s see how this team responds to getting called out. Hopefully he gives the youngsters a chance to step in and turn things around.

Buzz69, Hou-duco and TBTrumpet like this.
  5. lsu-i-like

lsu-i-like Playoff advocate

I think this was a tough game one and there is an opportunity to pull it all together. I kind of expect it. If the wheels fall off, O is toast.

6. XXL TideFan

XXL TideFan Founding Member

Bottom line, gotta win the ones that you’re supposed to. Tulane didn’t seem to suffer as much hurricane damage as O. The O era is waning shut.

KyleK, BayouBengal014 and unclenick like this.
  7. LSU_4_LIFE

I like the positivity. I’ve been a miserable fuck the whole day, so I’m gonna give it a rest. 24 hour rule and all.

lsu-i-like likes this.
  8. LSU_4_LIFE

Anybody blaming the hurricane is just making excuses. This was a team loss beginning with a lack of preparation, poor coaching/adjustments and poor execution.

I can think of 4 plays that would have swung this game into a double digit win by LSU. A blown coverages by Todd Harris (who shouldn’t have been out there) resulting in a 75 yd TD for UCLA, 2 dropped passes in the end zone for easy TD’s and a poor pass on a slant route to Palmer that had he been hit in stride he would still be running. This doesn’t account for all the missed assignments and poor tackling by our linebackers.

The bright side is if you can fix those, the pieces are there. The dark side is I don’t have faith we fix those. Especially on the defensive side. That’s why I’m hoping for a personnel change.

Starting with Clemson Transfer Mike Jones at LB. Then hoping one of those 2 top ranked freshman safeties steps up. Finally bringing along some of the highly recruited d-lineman. I’d like to see Maason Smith and Roy starting.

Time for seniors like Harris, Clark, Baskerville, Anthony and Farrell to sit the bench.

On offense, shuffle up the o-line. Bring in the youth, Turner, Dellinger, Bradford. Give these guys a shot.

9. Hou-duco

Hou-duco Founding Member

I would like to nominate Flott for your bench squad.

Richdog likes this.
  10. LSU_4_LIFE

Yep. Another 3*