BCS NC Game Discussion

Discussion in 'OTHER SPORTS Forum' started by TigerCliff, Jan 7, 2010.

1. Sourdoughman

Sourdoughman TigerFan of LSU and the Tigerman

I disagree, Almost any football game has questionable calls.
    I thought there was a special irony here...
    Heck, I blame Mack Brown or whoever called that pathetic play that got Colt McCoy hurt.
    I'm not sure but I think he was trying to run the ball, if that is the case Texas got what it deserved.
    I disagree, see LSU in 2K7.
    We all know just how many things had to align for that to happen.
    I really don't think most Alabama fans care.
    The only ones who care are Texas and some football fans from other schools except Alabama.
    I really don't think it is any difference in a way then sharing a title like we did in 03.
    It just adds what ifs to both scenario, its the way college football is.
    I thought this was typical Saban like LSU vs OU in 03.
    Game was close, failed to dominate or put a game away.
    I believe in those 2 instances Saban's team played down to competition.
    Five TO's by Texas, they shouldn't even have been in the game with three minutes to go.
    I haven't seen any evidence of Saban trying to eliminate the other teams biggest threat, evidence?

I'm not taking up for Saban or Bama, you won't see me congratulating them either.
    I was rooting for a team other than an SEC team last nite for the first time in decades!

2. TUSKtimes

TUSKtimes Riding the Wave

I appreciate most of your comments on the game. Sounds like you've tried to put personal feelings aside.

Your right about what Bama and fans take from this NC game.............A WIN!! No amount of what if's, of should da, could da is going to change 37 to 21. It's history.

Now if I can just get one "Roll Tide" from you, I'll drop the Sour and just call you The Doughman.

3. mctiger

mctiger RIP, and thanks for the music Staff Member

79. You forgot to count the 1842 Hooterville Gazette poll, which awarded Alabama the "National Champions of college football if they ever invent such a sport."

4. RHans405

RHans405 Let's Roll

I think Alabama needs to split the National Championship with Boise State. Both were undefeated.

5. TUSKtimes

TUSKtimes Riding the Wave

Thanks guy, I know that was painful and that you have an exceptional ability to separate the visiting gumps from the Bama football team.

However McCoy not lasting the entire game is part of the process in college football. There are two ways to make your opponent quit. One: attrition, in time they get tired of the pounding and start mailing it in. They continually get popped in the grill and due to extenuating circumstances just can't seem to finish.

Two: They can't finish due to injury.

In short, If you want to run the option against that defense have at it. But it can be difficult completing passes from the dressing room.

Question? Darius had one tackle besides the interception for a TD. If he doesn't make that play on McCoy does he get defensive MVP of the game?

6. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

i think defensive mvp for me would be McClain for Bama, and Muckelroy and Kindle for Texas. Although they couldn't touch the backs for Alabama they were monsters when McElroy dropped back.

Alabama is going to miss McClain, but he may be the only person they really miss, maybe Arenas.

7. stevescookin

stevescookin Certified Who Dat

I kind of hope the AP poll votes Boise state #1 in their poll...that way Saban will be the first coach to win "Co championships" at two different schools.:hihi:.

8. LaSalleAve

Bama was unanimous number 1 in the AP. Boise finished 4th. Pat Forde was on the Scot Van Pelt show this afternoon saying that Boise should be ranked preseason number 1 2010, but it will never happen.

9. StaceyO

StaceyO Football Turns Me On

...and it shouldn't. They need to join a real conference. I'd love to see them in the PAC 10 or even the Mountain West.

10. LaSalleAve

I disagree, and agree at the same time. They do need to start scheduling tougher opponents on the road. What is happening is no one wants to do a home and home with them because no one wants to go to Boise and play on that stupid blue field, but opponents will schedule Boise if the Broncos are willing to make the road trip with no 1 and 1 stipulations. Boise is going to have to suck it up, and start going on the road and playing SEC teams. I don't think it's fair that teams like Cincy and West Virginia, and Rutgers would be given the opportunity, or some team in the ACC would be given the opportunity, but Utah, or TCU, or Boise wouldn't.