basketball roster thread

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Jmg, Apr 13, 2022.

1. Jmg

Jmg Veteran Member

MASSIVE signing of 4 or 5 star small forward tyrell ward

2. mctiger

mctiger RIP, and thanks for the music Staff Member

Committed, not signed, but a great get if he follows through.

Devin Ree to Louisville.

3. Jmg

Jmg Veteran Member

sulrey the signing of ward motivates efton and miller to return!

1. juice hill, trae hannibal, cam hayes
    2. adam miller justice williams
    3. mwani W tyrell ward derek fountain
    4. jalen reed, kendal coleman
    5. efton reid KJ williams, corneilous williams

that would make a full roster, a definite potential tournament team.

4. Jmg

Jmg Veteran Member

i stand corrected, committed, not signed

losing ree is no biggie. its julian philips and marvell allen that hurt. and also that philips may follow yohan traore to auburn

mctiger likes this.
  5. Hou-duco

Hou-duco Founding Member

The Advocate article stayed he is now signed.

6. Jmg

Jmg Veteran Member

"
    It is another special day in Baton Rouge as we welcome Tyrell Ward to the LSU family,” McMahon said in a news release. “Tyrell is a very skilled guard at 6-7 who can score the ball at all three levels. We love his three-point shooting combined with unique ability to finish at the rim in a variety of ways. Tyrell has a great basketball IQ and is passionate about becoming the best player he can be. We can’t wait to coach him at LSU.”

coach MM calls him a "guard". well that is interesting

shane0911 likes this.
  7. Jmg

Jmg Veteran Member

i stand corrected again and i blame mctiger. signed. not comitted

shane0911 likes this.
  8. mctiger

mctiger RIP, and thanks for the music Staff Member

I blame 247sports. They said committed.

9. Jmg

Jmg Veteran Member

lets try a roster where i am restricted to players that are coming, not the ones i hope come or return.

so the 3 i am hoping for are efton reid, adam miller, and KJ williams from murray st. in a perfect world decommits marvel allen and julian philips reconsider the new staff as well.

as of now we have 10, leaving 3 more spots for those guys i just mentioned.

roster with current 10:

1. juice hill, trae hannibal the two murray guards who went to the tournament. backed up by NC state transfer

2. today's signee tyrell ward thinks he is a guard. ok, lets see it. 6'7 guards are pretty cool. backed up by justice williams.

3. mwani has been starting forever. surely the new staff lets him have the spot to lose. his corner 3 is pretty dangerous. plus he is an incredible physical specimen. jacked, and can leap. plays very hard. backed up by smooth but not hugely athletic 6' 9 jalen reed and MS state transfer derek fountain.

4. kendal coleman, a double double machine at a tiny school. jalen reed could also play here and coleman at 5.

5. corneilous williams, fairly low ranked 3 star skinny kid center. need a big guy ASAP. efton reid could really get some minutes here. somebody have ja morant text him and say mcmahon dewvelops talent.

in interviews, mcmahon said he wants two way players. those are rare. wade had some seriously one-sided players. watford and smart and thomas all played offense, and no defense. wilkinson and gaines and leblanc play defense like champions but dont do much to create. only eason is a real two way star. need more easons. tyrell ward seems promising.

10. Jmg

Jmg Veteran Member

efton reid to gonzaga, didnt expect that

@CagedTiger this sort of pokes holes in your theory that the transfer portal reduces your options. it does the opposite. that said, dont lose your shit in this thread and start chanting political slogans and general jibberjabber, that tends to get my threads locked.

just realize that the transfer portal means you can return to original school or upgrade or downgrade or do whatever. its not a reduction of options. please dont get angry and lose your shit though.

shane0911 likes this.