basketball roster thread

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Jmg, Apr 13, 2022.

1. Jmg

Jmg Veteran Member

its time for "where are they now?" the former player updates:

alex fudge went off like a rocket: 16 pts in 19 minutes for the florida gators

8 points and 8 boards in 12 minutes for efton reid at gonzaga

11 pts in 23 mins for eric gaines the UAB blazer

18 pts in 44 mins for brandon murray with the hoyas. i miss that guy, he is gonna be somethin

4 points in 27 mins for X pinson with NM st

doesnt appear jerrel colbert got on the court for k state. or brad ezewiro, at gtown

kcal and lsu-i-like like this.
  2. Jmg

Jmg Veteran Member

well done, that was in fact the starting lineup.

i ddnt like that performance at all. looked guys who had never played a real game together with this coach. which is of course exactly what they are. so thats ok i guess. still looked pretty bad.

the thing i dont like is the lack of explosive athleticism i am used to from LSU teams, even shit ones. need more SEC level runners and dunkers. often the LSU squad will look like a decent team, but they always look like they have a few guys who are just olympic level leapers and speedy and super athletic. like gaines and fudge or emmit williams. those kinda guys always make you optimistic they have a high ceiling if they learn to play. some of these fellas seem a little below the rim.

but its the first game, you take the win and like it.

Last edited: Nov 9, 2022
  3. Jmg

Jmg Veteran Member

rewatching the game. more thoughts

the small 3 guard lineup is too small. these days the game is more positionless and those guys will be pulled in to the basket but they are too small to rebound. also hannibal and juice hill seem a bit selfish. i like justice williams. i think this is the year for him and mwani to break out.

adam miller started off solid. he is good.

KJ williams is not very athletic.

kendal coleman isnt either.

the big monster 7 footer shaun philips only played for an instant and putback a hard jam after a play was over that i liked. didnt count.

where is tyrell ward?

wilkinson has a bad shoulder or chest he is wearing some weird sling or something. his threes looked great. he can shoot.

did not expect fountain to play that much. he is very big. i am told he can shoot. i would like to see it.

4. lsu-i-like

lsu-i-like Playoff advocate

I think this team has some athletes. They played hard as a team for a few minutes early in the second half; other than that it looked like just about everyone was easing into it.

northernvatiger likes this.
  5. Jmg

Jmg Veteran Member

efton reid has played a total of 23 minutes for gonzaga and has 9 fouls. the guy is a fouling maniac

6. Herb

Herb Founding Member

Reid always confused me. The guy has the potential to be great but seems like through a combination of carelessness and reputation in the minds of the refs, he is a magnet for penalties.

He's like Pigpen in Charlie Brown in that penalties swirl around him like a cloud. Hope he pulls it together and focuses on his craft/game.

7. kcal

kcal Founding Member

he’s like a newborn colt on the court…

needs a slump buster…

8. Jmg

Jmg Veteran Member

during the UAB week, lets remind ourselves of our UAB friend, high flying skinnyman eric gaines.

eric gaines, UAB blazer: 11 points per games, starting and playing big minutes

aundre hyatt, who still plays for rutgers is startin and scoring 14 PPG. hyatt is a sneaky good player. has size and can shoot the 3 fairly well. get rebounds. he missed that putback vs bama in the SEC tournament, that hurt.

kcal likes this.
  9. lsu-i-like

lsu-i-like Playoff advocate

Wonder if MM can get WW on staff to help scout.

10. Jmg

Jmg Veteran Member

i am as big of a fan of USA soccer as i am LSU hoops.

fans slightly older than me may remember ace point guard howard "HI-C" carter. his son cameron carter vickers and team USA play their first world cup game tomorrow at 1.

join HI-C and cheer for the USA

tigermark likes this.