basketball roster thread

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Jmg, Apr 13, 2022.

1. mctiger

mctiger RIP, and thanks for the music Staff Member

I discussed (disgust?) him in the previous post.

lsu-i-like likes this.
  2. kcal

kcal Founding Member

tacko fall heating it up in China:

3. lsu-i-like

lsu-i-like Playoff advocate

I thought you meant voldemort, but now that I think of it, I’ve never seen voldemort and Ben Simmons in the same room together.

mctiger likes this.
  4. Jmg

Jmg Veteran Member

ben simmons is the weirdest person and the weirdest player. he does everything but shoot. and his mental bock on shooting is getting worse. used to be he was awesome. now he is a head case and who knows if he contributes.

at LSU he shot, he was good. now something is wrong with him. i dont like him. he didnt even care about winning at LSU and never wanted to be here. i get that its stupid he wasnt allowed into the NBA for a year. try not to be a prick about it.

at any rate i didnt live in BTR when he was here and didnt see him play. didnt miss much.

5. Jmg

Jmg Veteran Member

new commit, mike williams from baltimore, this is his scouring report from 24/7:

"Williams made a big impression in Atlanta as he has clearly taken his game to the next level. While he may not yet be a pure point guard, he has developed his skill-set, turned into a versatile combo-guard, and vastly improved as a shooter. One of his best attributes has always been his ability to defend, and he has maintained that. He has also historically been a very good mid-range pull-up shooter, but now he is getting the same elevation and clean release from behind the three-point line. Williams is also able to get downhill very well in the open floor and finish through contact. Overall, he has developed himself into a versatile two-way guard with good positional size who impacts the game both in half-court and open-court situations"

he joins local guy corey chest as the incoming class for next year.

also, last night i met some friends on campus after the game i rode my bicycle over to where torchy's tacos and mathernes are and watched the game on the big screen they had set up there. mwani wilkinson and trae Hannibal and juice hill were there. i think the whole team lives there above mathernes grocery. the two murray guards are so small! nobody but me even noticed them because they are just regular sized humans. wilkinson of course is built like a brick shithouse so he looks like a hoss. but the new guards are really small. i guess thats why they went to small schools and proved themselves.

lsu-i-like and kcal like this.
  6. Jmg

Jmg Veteran Member

opening night is tomorrow, i predict the following starters

juice hill
    adam miller
    mwani wilkinson
    jalen reed
    kj williams

i listened to a press conference last week and coach praised reed. for those that do not follow the program as closely as i do, jalen reed is a 4 star 6' 10 freshman forward with more of a shooting/outside game than a typical 6'10 player.

i am not hugely confident about my projected lineup. tyrell ward might start in favor of reed or wilkinson. tyrell ward is the highest ranked incoming player. but wilkinson is a vet and my understanding is his corner 3 is even more deadly now. and it was great before.

i think coach also likes justice williams, and of course his other murray guard trae hannibal. they will play. other guys, like raw 7 footer shaun philips and small college ace kendal coleman are question marks.

Herb likes this.
  7. lsu-i-like

lsu-i-like Playoff advocate

How do you think we do in the first 8?

8. Jmg

Jmg Veteran Member

season opener press conference

9. Herb

Herb Founding Member

I am so looking forward to seeing them tipoff. I have a commitment from 5:30 - 6:30 CST, then my wife will have dinner on the table. Hoping to get to see the 2nd half.

lsu-i-like likes this.
  10. Jmg

Jmg Veteran Member

WOOOO WOOO, its gameday! the mcmahon era begins!

Herb, MobileBengal, shane0911 and 3 others like this.