basketball roster thread

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Jmg, Apr 13, 2022.

1. Jmg

Jmg Veteran Member

pelicans cut javonte.

i am am javonte i head to belgrade and start banging serbian hoochies and ballin for decent cash.

days is still with the rockets.

2. Jmg

Jmg Veteran Member

adam miller and kj williams are the two players selected by coach to come with him to media day in birmingham. i think those two guys can be considered starters and team leaders.

3. Jmg

Jmg Veteran Member

1. juice hill
    2. adam miller
    3. mwani wilkinson
    4. tyrell ward
    5 . KJ williams

first off the bench, jalen reed for ward, a freshman for freshman trade, and trae hannibal for juice hill, a murray state PG for murray state PG trade. then maybe coleman for williams, also a similar swap of big scoring guys that hit the boards hard.

it would be cool to have a system whereby subs dont change the gameplan much, if at all.

last year, when x pinson was running the offense, and eric gaines comes in when X is hurt, we have a whole new team. a more frenzied style. it didnt work very well. i think wade had planned for miller to be there to keep things smooth.

coach said he doesnt play an army of guys he chooses 8 or 9 and rides with those guys. thats probably the guys i already mentioned, plus cam hayes the NC st transfer guard. for now we will wait and see on 7 foot monster shawn philips. one thing we have learned is that bigs develop slowly sometimes. efton reid for example over at gonzaga. the ideal is a guy who is big with tools and stays for a while, like tennessee monster admiral schofield, that guy tormented us forever. other examples are colin castleton and oscar tsiebwe, both of whom are preseason all sec, determined today.

KJ williams, the defending OVC POY, is 2nd team preseason all SEC.

Last edited: Oct 19, 2022
    kcal likes this.
  4. Jmg

Jmg Veteran Member

the secret scrimmage was vs baylor. dont know who won or even if they kept a real score. adam miller rumored to have played well

Herb likes this.
  5. lsu-i-like

lsu-i-like Playoff advocate

First game next Wednesday 11/9 vs umkc.

kcal likes this.
  6. Jmg

Jmg Veteran Member

i will be there!

naz reid is probably gonna sign an extension with the timberwolves. the legal bits of contract shit are hard to understand, but i think as a guy coming off his rookie deal but not yet a restricted free agent, he would be due 120% of an average NBA salary, meaning he would be making like 12 million a year, which aint bad at all.

the mean salary and average salary are quite different, because so may players are under rookie contracts that last 4 years or whatever, then veteran stars are blowing the doors off the bank, raising the averages. so lots of dudes who are awesome young players but were not lottery picks are making like 2 million and steph curry is making 45 million.

if you play well enough to stick in the league past your rookie contract, you start earning generational wealth.

i predicted naz reid would make a real career, he is very skilled. i think when he leaves the wolves he will be even better, as he is stuck behind an all-star karl anthony townes.

other predictions/updates

tremont waters is done. if he were 6'4 he would be an all-star. he is playing in the top french league now.

skylar mays wont last, isnt athletic enough

javonte also not athletic enough, cant shoot well enough.

tari eason will have a very good career with a fairly high ceiling. an all round very good player.

darius days is way too limited in creating his own shots, but has a very small chance at a 3 and D career. probably not.

trendon watford is a coin flip. he isnt athletic, but he has skills for sure. maybe an end of the bench player

lsu-i-like likes this.
  7. Winston1

Winston1 Founding Member

Martin I admire and respect your love of LSU basketball. Your enthusiasm is something to behold. Thanks

lsu-i-like, shane0911 and mctiger like this.
  8. Jmg

Jmg Veteran Member

thanks. loved LSU basketball since i was a lil kid watching shaq was throwing down the hardest nuclear dunks in human history in the PMAC. thats not hyperbole i think those were the hardest dunks a human ever jammed

i forgot to mention cam thomas, who is a player i dont like as i think his catastrophic defense doesnt help, and his offense is based on selfish high volume shooting, but i think his offensive skills will fool dumber GMs into keeping him on rosters. i dont think its a coincidence he plays for brooklyn, the most dysfunctional franchise in the league

Winston1 likes this.
  9. mctiger

mctiger RIP, and thanks for the music Staff Member

Nets fired Steve Nash today, not even 10 games into the season. I'm convinced He Who Shall Not Be Named had a lot to do with it. The Association needs to figure out in a hurry that the guy simply doesn't want to play basketball.

10. lsu-i-like

lsu-i-like Playoff advocate

What about lil Ben Simmons?