Basketball 20-21

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by lsu-i-like, Nov 9, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jmg

Jmg Veteran Member

before this year even starts, lets pretend we dont have transfer madness, and the expected players will be around next year.

this assumes that miller and reid will leave for the pros. hopefully both the NBA. i want wade to be seen as the direct path for high school kids to making bank in the league. pinson is a senior, or maybe he is, who knows with the weird extra years for virus stuff.

first 2022 roster predictions:

PG: senior pinson will be gone, and this will be gaines' job. this year is big for him. put on weight, become an offensive strategist, then start next year, become a star. he surely has potential, as he is a bonkers athlete who tries like a madman on D. his backup is unknown, or whoever is the better ball handler out of murray and williams.

SG: miller to the pros, next year murray and williams should battle it out for SG minutes with murray of course having a huge head start being older, with the team for months more, and way way bigger and thicker. both guys are 3 level scorers that can shoot, create shots, and take it to the rack.

small forward: fudge was a big recruit, and came on last year as an early enrollee redshirt. if he plays well this year the job should be his for a while. wilkinson is his primary competition, and will be strong competition for sure if he develops any sort of outside game. wilkinson can leap like a poor man's marlon taylor, which is to say he is incredible. 2022 freshman devin ree will be another guy on protein shakes and practice duty for a year.

PF days is gone. logjam here with eason and o'neal. both are talented, and we havent seem much of them in P&G uniforms. who knows. bradley ezewiro is a very strong looking kid as well, but i think he is behind these other blokes in skill.

yunno what i would like is if o'neal puts on a ton of weight and becomes like a nikola jokic type passing big man whilst playing 4 and 5. he seems pretty smart, so maybe.

center: jerrel colbert. we assume 5 star efton reid is a one and done.

i think there are 3 open scholarships for 2023, i would assume wade gets another very big man.

so thats 2022. we will of course review starting lineups for the coming 2021 season again many times before nov 9, ULM in pmac.

Last edited: Aug 21, 2021
    mctiger and lsu-i-like like this.
  2. mctiger

mctiger RIP, and thanks for the music Staff Member

During the segment of the video that focused on him driving to the basket, my first thought was, Tremont Waters with height. Lean and knows he's going to get bounced around, but he takes off and makes something happen anyway.

3. Jmg

Jmg Veteran Member

tremont waters is on the rockets summer league team

4. Jmg

Jmg Veteran Member

https://247sports.com/college/lsu/A...y-what-LSU-Tigers-basketball-needs-169486097/

normally i say that a story headline in the form of a question means the answer is no and the story should be ignore, but i let this one slide

remember what a one-dimensioal player leblanc was? 100% effort on defense. all effort and attacking the boards. he was awesome. except he cannot dribble at all, cannot pass, or shoot or really play any sort of offense at all. eason seems like leblanc, except he can take the rock to the rack. thats a valuable player.

leblanc could have been awesome if his catastrophic ballhanding and zero offensive game were not so destructive to the team.

in todays game, everyone must play offense.

Last edited: Aug 23, 2021
  5. Jmg

Jmg Veteran Member

lets talk minutes distribution for the '21 team.

PG i would like to see gaines play quite a bit. i like gaines. but the job is pinson's, he has 3 years of SEC experience.

pinson, 27 mins, gaines 13.

SG miller is showcasing for the NBA, and i think wade promised him the cam thomas role. minutes, and freedom.

29 mins for miller 7 for murray and 4 for justice williams. williams seems good but he was in high school literally last week.

SF: days, he has been playing 4 and 5, but i like him at 3, hanging out in the corner burying triples. he played 3 with kavell bigby williams and naz reid, worked out great.

days: 26 mins (he is awful at foul trouble) backed up by fudge or wilkinson, with wilkinson getting more minutes if the opposing team has an offensive stud for him to shut down on D.

PF eason 24 mins, o'neal 16. i think o'neal will reveal he can hit the 3 this season.

C, thats reid's job, with breaks purely for rest.

reid 33 mins, colbert 7.

ezewiro will play garbage time at center and PF.

biggest transfer risks: ezewiro and wilkinson.

now i know what you are thinking. wade doesnt play this many dudes. well, thats true. but his team has never been this deep. plus he said he thinks they lost to michigan because they were tired at the end (maybe bama in the SEC tourney as well, and also texas tech). needed to have more useful depth. needed guys with more experience available. that means playing more guys.

lsu-i-like likes this.
  6. lsu-i-like

lsu-i-like Playoff advocate

Hope so, starting to wonder if WW is averse to playing kids on the bench.

7. Jmg

Jmg Veteran Member

Tremont Waters has agreed to a deal with the Milwaukee Bucks, sources tell
    @TheAthletic
    @Stadium
    . Waters will compete for a roster spot in training camp

lsu-i-like likes this.
  8. Jmg

Jmg Veteran Member

some preseason predictions are out, and have LSU as a 7 seed.

also early season opponent liberty is predicted to be a tournament team, so that should be a useful early win for the resume. non con opponents texas state and belmont also are tournament teams.

the cupcake teams will wade brings in are not actually cupcakes unless they are in-state

https://www.ncaa.com/news/basketbal...utm_source=9-20-newsletter&utm_content=link-1

lsu-i-like and mctiger like this.
  9. Jmg

Jmg Veteran Member

rumor has it LSU had the inside track on chance westry, a pretty good prospect, but the kid was a non-vaxxer (which is fine of course) and LSU is a real dick about people being forced to vax, so the recruiting ended. sucks for will wade to be under these constraints.

10. lsu-i-like

lsu-i-like Playoff advocate

: /

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.