Bama's Great Season...

Discussion in 'OTHER SPORTS Forum' started by TigerStagg, Dec 6, 2008.

1. Tiger420

Tiger420 Sell crazy someplace else, all stocked up here.

The post was not a celebration of Bama's success at the expense of LSU. It is a post recognizing that they had a good season and that I was not going to be one to degrade that. I want LSU to win first and foremost, but I can still appreciate a good team that plays hard and wins. Just because I admire what they did this year doesn't mean that my commitment to my own team is any less. I guess a lot of people would rather that we play in a league like the PAC 10 where we compete against one or two quality opponents a season. Not very much of an accomplishment is it? Hell yes I would rather have everyone in the West at the top of their game and I would prefer to beat them when they are.

2. Tiger420

Tiger420 Sell crazy someplace else, all stocked up here.

At least it aint hard to do.

3. Tygrr

Tygrr Win the West

I don't fault you for recognizing they had a good season, cause they did. I give credit where it's due, and they deserve credit. That being said, I hope Bama loses every game from here on out.:hihi:

4. TwistedTiger

TwistedTiger Founding Member

Did I say anything different? That's another topic and not the one being discussed in this thread. However last years LSU team was worlds better than this years Bama team.

5. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

We own two of the last five BCS National Championships, do you really think you can make us feel bad? How long has it been since Bama took home a trophy? :lol:

6. red55

Worse in terms of competing for the West Division, sure. But not in recruiting, I think. We get a lot of players out of Florida and very few out of Bama. Neither Bama nor Florida get many players from Louisiana.

7. GregLSU

GregLSU LSUFANS.com

And Bama was ranked 99th in the nation in offense at one point who finished 56th overall, two spots behind LSU at (54th), 96th in passing, LSU (67th) and 23rd in rushing, LSU at (43rd).. and could argueably be called the worst #1 ranked team in the country... EVER. LOL. Consider yourselves lucky though... you were spared the humiliation of having to face Harvin, who would've added another 14 pts minimum to Saturdays game score.

8. red55

In the 21st century? I bet they would. 3 SEC championships and 2 National Championships versus . . . Zippo! :lol:

9. LoveLSU2007

LoveLSU2007 Freshman

For the record, MOST LSU fans do NOT want Saban back. I get tired here in Florida listening to the Bammers gloat that we want Saban back.

Not on your life.

Please stop encouraging them.:LSU231:

10. Tygrr

Tygrr Win the West

If you take into consideration that Saban has established ties in Louisiana and knows our state well, I'd still have to say Bama is more of a threat. Also take into account that the top receiver out of Louisiana this year is down to LSU and Bama.