Bama's Great Season...

Discussion in 'OTHER SPORTS Forum' started by TigerStagg, Dec 6, 2008.

1. JohnLSU

JohnLSU Tigers

Florida failed to get the top 5-star Florida prospect in 2009, 2008, 2006, 2005, 2004, and 2003

LSU failed to get the top 5-star Louisiana prospect in 2007

2. TwistedTiger

TwistedTiger Founding Member

But did LSU get them? What we are talking about is what hurts LSU recruiting most, I should have been more specific. Miami, FSU and Florida do split the top recruits with an outsider getting some. However how many has LSU taken that Florida really wanted in the last three? I bet very few, but I could be wrong. It is my opinion that a Bama championship hurts LSU more period.

3. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

clearly.

not to mention they are in the west as well.

4. JohnLSU

JohnLSU Tigers

Pat Peterson for sure. He was the top 5-star Florida prospect, and LSU got him.

Ricky Jean-Francois was a nice steal as well.

5. TigerBait3

TigerBait3 Guest

No one wanted RJF until the end. Dude had some issues. Miami dominates south Florida. Florida state and Florida split the rest. The state obviously has so many athletes that they cant get everyone.

6. TwistedTiger

TwistedTiger Founding Member

Peterson I'll give you but wasn't RJF a Miami/LSU battle?

Do you think a Florida win hurts LSU recruiting more than a Bama win? Didn't Florida win a championship before we picked up Peterson?

7. downtown

downtown Founding Member

You're kidding, right? They don't belong in the top 10? Come on now... Look, I'm no Bama fan and was relieved that they lost. I say relieved because I was nervous as hell watching them take the lead late in the game against Florida. Bama won two quarters and Florida won two. Fortunately (depending on who you were pulling for), Florida won their two by a bigger margin. I mean, Florida was losing with 9+ minutes left in the game and that was with them having ZERO turnovers and very few mistakes. I was starting to feel sick. Florida needed Tebow's 1st 2nd half comeback ever or whatever to win the game. I realize most of the time Florida is killing teams in the 2nd half, but still, he didn't do it in those other games (including that other team that Bama beat (Ole Miss) that you didn't mention).

The game really kind of turned on that 15-yard face mask penalty because Florida was struggling for yards before that. There were about a billion predictions of a blowout with or without Harvin, but it didn't happen. The stats were extremely even, but Tebow is hard for anyone to handle. I'm glad he helped Florida pull it out. But there is no doubt that Bama belongs in the top 10. And you know, Utah could possibly beat them because they're pretty good and Bama might be disappointed going into that game. It should be a good game either way. But even if Bama loses, 12-2 is deserving of a top 10 ranking. I'd like to see those other teams that you think belong in the top 10 play Florida that close. Something tells me it wouldn't happen.

8. JohnLSU

JohnLSU Tigers

That question is so speculative to me that I really don't care. Saban and Meyer are National Championship winning coaches and have superstar reputations. So does does Les Miles (in fact, Dandy Don reported that this hotshot Florida WR recruit named Debose just wrote a high school term paper on Les Miles). Yes, Miles wasn't hot this year, and Saban and Meyers were on fire this year. But last year Saban and Meyer sucked while Les won a National Title. Obviously it would be great to have a repeat of last year where Saban and Meyer are in a slump and Les is the hot name.

9. JohnLSU

JohnLSU Tigers

I forgot to add this:

If I'm the #1 recruit in the nation, and 100 college football programs are beating down my door begging me to come play for them... who do I go play for?

I think Urban Meyer comes across like a douche. Yes, I think he is an outstanding coach, A+. Yes, I saw him with his pretty daughters during his interview after his SECCG victory and I thought that was impressive that his daughters actually seem to like him. But I personally still think he comes across like a douche and I would never play ball for him.

As for Saban, he comes across like a dick. Yes, I think he is an outstanding coach, A+. I've even met Saban and he came across like a cool guy that liked me a whole lot. But I personally would never want to play ball for him because he comes across as a dick as a coach.

As for Miles, that guy comes across like a coach that would be awesome to play ball for. Same thing with Carroll. I can't think of another superstar coach besides those two that I can say that about. Maybe Leach and Bowden, but their programs suck. Stoops is too bland to me--same with Mack Brown, Jim Tressel, Tuberville, and Richt.

10. alfredeneuman

alfredeneuman Founding Member

That's probably the best I've read so far. Good post.