Bama's Great Season...

Discussion in 'OTHER SPORTS Forum' started by TigerStagg, Dec 6, 2008.

1. JohnLSU

JohnLSU Tigers

Urban Meyer is the man of the hour. I was impressed when the announcers were talking about how Kevin Steele and Saban told them they couldn't figure out how Florida was able to find the time to practice all the different offensive sets they had.

Props to Meyer for 2008.

2. XXL TideFan

XXL TideFan Founding Member

Closet Auburn fan?

3. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

this is the classic case of a bowl game where one team will not be all that interested while the other will. gumps will no way be extra motivated to play the utes after dreaming of a NC all year.

they still likely have the defense to pull it off going thru the motions but it wouldnt surprise me to see a very close game and possibly an upset.

absolutely the worst post ive ever read.

ever.

1 person likes this.
  4. JohnLSU

JohnLSU Tigers

Sounds like someone gave into the peer pressure and became a Bama fan

5. DRC

DRC TigerNator

I may agree with you but...I never read it beyond the first couple sentences. After I threw up in my mouth a little I just went to the next post.

6. TwistedTiger

TwistedTiger Founding Member

I agree, a gump just came out of the closet.

7. Hawker45

Hawker45 Founding Member

... more likely the beer pressure...

8. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

Wow. Does the entire 7th grade feel that way? :grin:

BS, speak for yourself. Look, we play both Florida and Bama every year. Bama might be back, but Florida never went anywhere and is our main rival for best SEC team of this decade.

We recruit against BOTH teams. But, Bama recruits Louisiana and Les never loses a player that he wants from Louisiana. A Bama win couldn't have hurt us. But LSU recruits Florida heavily and a Florida championship hurts LSU more than a Bama one, by far.

9. TwistedTiger

TwistedTiger Founding Member

I respectfully disagree Red. Florida pretty much gets who they want out of FL already. Not sure if we have beat them head to head for any players from Fl the last few years. Of course another championship won't help us but I'm not sure it hurts us either. Bama and Saban are really trying to get their claws in La and a championship surely would have helped. JMO

10. TheDude

TheDude I'm calmer than you.

I disagree also on which one hurts more. They both hurt but there are more players in Florida than UF, Miami, FSU can take, and we are successful there despite Florida's recent championship. I believe Mr. Peterson was the #1 defensive player in the state last year and lots of schools wanted him, but we snatched him.

We also popped a few players out of bama every couple of years before Saban. His connections in the state allow him an advantage that no other coach(besides Miles) in the SEC enjoys, and as a result, many of our recruits visit or list bama as a preference. We are currently in a battle for our #1 player with bama, not Florida.

I think a good bama team is good for the SEC in general but it hurts us the most directly in recruiting as well. While we do not share the state with a rival school, we do have a rival coach that recruited La as long as our present coach. Time will tell as to the success Saban has vs Miles, but at the very least, it has caused a battle that we do not have with Florida.

The only thing that may change is that eventually bama will get stocked up with 2-3 deep as LSU and Florida is now, and then their recruits might look elsewhere. Right now, kids see playing time with limited competition, and that is also a big draw.