"Bama's Bounty?" Will the SEC Suspend Dial?

Discussion in 'OTHER SPORTS Forum' started by FirstCoastTiger, Dec 3, 2012.

1. gyver

gyver Rely on yourself not on others.

Would Bama be crying foul if that would've been mccrying getting blindsided? You bet your sweet ass. My Gump friends are whining about the eye poking still. They seem to have forgotten dial and Murray hit.

2. furduknfish

furduknfish #ohnowesuckagain

Your fault for having Bama fans.

cul2969 likes this.
  3. TerryP

TerryP Founding Member

There is no doubt there would be fans crying about the hit.

The thing is, they'd be wrong as well.

Any fan of a football team that saw his QB being hit like that would be up in arms. But it doesn't change the points of the matter in the least.

Something to ponder.

Let's say it was a tight end that was blocked. Would there be any discussions about this at all? I have my doubts—serious doubts. The outcry is because Aaron Murray plays quarterback when UGA has the football.

4. VampMuse

VampMuse Veteran Member

Terry as usual being a gump is either missing the point or just trying to dilute the conversation by adding stupidity to it. No Terry, it's not okay to take a cheap shot on a player, ever. When that player is as important to a team as a QB, it's just not fucking okay. This is a game and we all want to win, but it crosses a line. Not only did this kid take a shot at Murray and risk seriously injuring him (concussion or more from a vicious cheap shot like that would not be unheard of) but your Bama cheap shot could have cost a kid who sat out all season a redshirt. Seriously, go spend some time with your cousin or sister or whichever fucking Gump relative you fuck and get the hell off of Tiger boards.

5. BP

BP Founding Member

Again, during the game, Danielson reported that he spoke with either a current or former SEC ref (don't remember which), who told him that the SEC had been emphasising that game officials were to keep an eye on th quarterback in these exact situations. Whatever one thinks of Danielson, I do not believe he would just make this up. If you can give me a cite to show that is incorrect, then you might have a point. Otherwise, everyone knows (or should kow) that it was a cheap, and illegal, shot at a denfenseless player who was not involved in the play and could have been seriously injured as a result. Any defense is blowing smoke... or something more unsavory.

6. PURPLE TIGER

PURPLE TIGER HOPE is not a strategy!

Will the SEC take action against Alabama? :D:p:):D:p:):D:p:)

Let's look at a few facts.

• Alabama was given a cupcake SEC East schedule.
    • Alabama got their asses handed to them against LSU & Texas A&M (900 yards against the self proclaimed best defense)
    • Alabama played on the road against LSU in a hostile environment...trailed for only the 2nd time all season...and were trailing in the 4th quarter for the 1st time since 2000
      • Even so, they managed to only be called for one penalty (LSU had 7 for 51yards)
    • Alabama played on the road in the SEC Championship with a split audience...trailed by 11 points...couldn't move the ball
      • Even so, they managed to only be called for two penalties (Georgia had 7 for 64 yards)
    • Alabama had a total of three penalties against LSU & Georgia
      • These games were on the road...against Top 5 teams...Alabama was outplayed in both...Alabama trailed in both...yet they managed only three penalties
    • Alabama has run for 3,000 yards and attempted 300 passes but doesn't receive an O/L holding penalty
    • The SEC HQ is located in Gumpville, Alabama

There's no need for a conspiracy theory. It's a fact the SEC HQ takes care of their own. We've seen it with Alabama...we've seen it with Auburn...we've seen it with baseball being forced to play in Hoover each year...we've seen it with a bowl game in Gumpville.

The state of Alabama has nothing but college football. Does ANY other sport in the state scare anyone? Other than gymnastics has Alabama EVER had a quality sports program other than football? Easy answer...NO.

Just remember when the Gumps were being humiliated in the 90's and into this century. Their Athletic Director went backwards and fabricated five national titles because they couldn't win on their own. The BCS came along and Tennessee , LSU, and Florida brought home titles so the SEC intervened. Along comes Cam Newton and impartial officiating. Presto!...the pitiful state gets national titles again.

We really need to move the HQ from the Land of Gump!

lsufan52 likes this.
  7. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

They were whining their asses off and calling Tyrann a thug, and saying he should have been ejected, on a punt return in 2011, Tyrann got flagged, and it should have been a flag, for what was essentially a close line on Dre Kirkpatrick. Now I've watched that play a bunch and what it looked like to me was TM7 was trying to get Kirkpatrick turned around so he could block him, but it didn't work and Dre got hurt, Mathieu flagged and gumps came out of the woods calling for Mathieu's head and how he is a thug, but had that been a guy in crimson, no flag, no nothing.

gyver likes this.
  8. PURPLE TIGER

PURPLE TIGER HOPE is not a strategy!

What really made that funny was they were coming to the defense of Kirkpatrick. Had you conducted a poll of the top SEC thug in 2011...it would've been a landslide for Dre! ;)

9. TerryP

TerryP Founding Member

You see, it's hard to leave with the abundance of love demonstrated with such eloquence.

Seeing the need to refresh your memory, I've stated the play should have been flagged for unnecessary roughness. However, I've also stated that some of the reasons listed in this thread aren't accurate in my view. That's the reason things like this are referred to as judgment calls.

10. Nutriaitch

Nutriaitch Fear the Buoy

c'mon Terry, you're better than that.

you know as well as everyone else who follows football that the QB is supposed to be off limits in that situation.
    unless the QB is actively trying to make a tackle (which there is no way you could argue Murray was doing), you ain't supposed to hit him.

this guy came in full bore and leveled him.
    it is an absolute illegal hit.

we have a guy (JC Copeland) who has been penalized twice (at least) this season for similar hits away from the ball on people who do not play QB.
    nobody here cried that the hits should have been legal. in fact, most were pissed that Copeland couldn't control himself.

what your boy did is not legal in the game of college football, and hasn't been for quite some time now.

if what Swearinger did against UAB is a suspend-able offense, this this absolutely MUST be one as well.