Bama vs Fla. thread

Discussion in 'OTHER SPORTS Forum' started by CalcoTiger, Dec 6, 2008.

1. RedElephants

RedElephants Founding Member

Well, I just got back to Bham and although I still haven't watched the replay, (I DVR every game that I go to so I can see stuff that you cant in person) I was pleased with the way Alabama played yesterday. They didn't get the win, but they gave Florida a handfull.

They Gators are an excellent team and can hit you from every direction. We got burnt on deep balls a few times because we had to respect the run...From Demps and Tebow. That's a tough offense to cover...You have a lot of one on one coverage and our DB's just got burnt.

Our defense didn't get a whole lot of pressure and I thought the Florida OL did a great job protecting him. Our OL didn't really do so well in pass coverage but that is their weakness. JP made a couple good plays under pressure and his only INT came when the game was almost in the bag. I thought that JP had a pretty good game.

Alabama showed that they can play with anyone in college football since they were able to play with who most think is the best team in college football--and who is the #1 team in the nation right now. I dont think OU will be able to stay on the field with them.

Although I am disappointed, I am also proud of my team. Ready to go to New Orleans for the Sugar Bowl. Not too shabby at all for a young team...Not too shabby at all.

Roll Tide!

2. clair

clair Rockets

If Harvin played, Florida would have turned that 11-point win into a 20-point win.

But either way, be proud indeed.

Bama played well. :)

Just sucks for you guys the Sugar Bowl will be a crummy matchup against the likes of Utah or Cincinatti.

3. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

seriously dude, you need help. get over the conspiracy crap.

4. bmy-

bmy- Founding Member

I don't think the Bama-ref conspiracy theory is overblown..

:wave:

Bama got away with a few. Florida got away with the intentional grounding [imo] but that was all I really saw.

5. TigerBait3

TigerBait3 Guest

Someone told me yesterday that the SEC headquarters is located in Birmingham!! That explains a lot!!!!!

6. RedElephants

IF Tyrone Prothro would have played, we would have beaten you guys in '05. :)

7. crawfish

crawfish Founding Member

don't feel bad, last tuesday i was informed that the white house is located in DC..

8. crawfish

crawfish Founding Member

hey gump,

saban's lost his touch. in his 2nd yr at lsu he beat an undefeated team in the seccg with our back up qb...

9. RedElephants

I would be more worried about your own 7-5 team and the problems that are in that program...and who you will be able to get at DC.

I mean you lost to Arkansas at home.

Les has lost his touch already I guess...

10. gatorblueyes

gatorblueyes Founding Member

Yep...that was how I ended up on the board! I had recently moved and was watching the game by myself:) I hope we have a great game...although I felt like we already watched the NC.