Bama Sanctions - Bama fans getting jumpy

Discussion in 'OTHER SPORTS Forum' started by DRC, May 28, 2009.

1. DRC

DRC TigerNator

Re: Oh Saban

Mixed bag of reaction here but most are relieved because they expected at least some scholly reductions. Nobody wants forfeits but it sounds more like vacates anyway. The main complaints relate to the athletic department. Many are upset that something like this could happen in light of their past transgressions.

Im pretty sure about the 5 year extension window as a repeat violator. They really need to keep their nose clean because something small becomes something big very quickly.

If you add all the gump probation's over the last 20 years they have probably been on probation more than any other school. They have also been on probation or in the repeat violator window more then they have been off probation.

2. gumborue

gumborue Throwin Ched

Re: Bama fans getting jumpy

i wonder if he would take the WV job too? (i know the ncaa sanctions arent all that bad, just wonderin). i doubt that "hometown" means so much to him.

3. clair

clair Rockets

how about all of their wins from 2005-07. That's what ESPN has reported today. Looks like Saban is approximately 0-24 as Alabama head coach. :)

4. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

just heard on sportscenter that they will vacate all wins from 07 going back to 05. Oh no!! Did they even beat anyone worth a damn in those years?

5. LesMilesFan

LesMilesFan Founding Member

Great, now when people look at their results and see an L next to ULM they will think it was vacated. But we'll never forget. :hihi:

6. KyleK

KyleK Who, me? Staff Member

I wonder if the NCAA will have the guts to make USC vacate any wins and their championship? Doubt it.

7. LaSalleAve

not really, vacating wins do not result in them being losses as stated above by a few people in earlier responses. what's funny is that when we all look back we wont see a Win by Bama vs. ULM vacated. :lol:

8. DRC

DRC TigerNator

There is going to be a press conference at 2pm. I am hearing more today about the depth of this. 16 of 19 sports are involved. A total of $43,000 of improper book purchases among all sports with $6000 attributed to football. This pretty much jives with what I already posted here regarding the big mutha fuggin boss's claims a couple months ago. He has been saying all along other sports where heavily involved and it sounds like he was right and probably why football is not receiving any more penalties.

16 of 19 sports and 43K in improper book distribution is not anything to shake your head at though. This is a big problem for the athletic department and I think the national perception about this will reflect poorly on Alabama.

9. LaSalleAve

because most of the football players are already paid enough, they dont need to scam.

10. DRC

DRC TigerNator

Just heard the NCAA portion of the press conference. They said the Media Guides, advertising, banners, etc can not take credit for the vacated wins! LOL