Bama Sanctions - Bama fans getting jumpy

Discussion in 'OTHER SPORTS Forum' started by DRC, May 28, 2009.

1. LSUGradin99

LSUGradin99 I Bleedeth Purple 'N Gold

Re: Bama fans getting jumpy

Vacating the wins just means they remove the wins from their record. unlike a forfeit, where the opponent also changes their loss to a win

basically this all amounts to nothing at all, unless Bama does something else stupid within the probationary stupid... or not... because these things were done during their five year probationary period that started in 2002

2. mobius481

mobius481 Registered Member

I think the issue is that it's not official yet. ESPN will be all over this when it breaks.

3. MikeDTiger

MikeDTiger Geaux Tigers!!!

Bama has the NCAA ruling, but can't comment until the NCAA releases their official statement on Thursday. What we're hearing has been leaked from the Bama athletic department.

NCAA to force Alabama to vacate wins, won't require future scholarship losses for football, a source said
    Vacated wins part of NCAA penalties, sources say

Best guess, Bama will lose all wins in 2005, 2006, and 2007. One of the blogs above is saying 2006 and 2007 only (9:45 PM, they changed the info. It looks like it is 05 - 07)

Whenever the NCAA gets around to it, there should be a release on this page:
    http://www.ncaa.org/wps/portal/

4. DRC

DRC TigerNator

If I recall NCAA rules correctly, a repeat offender is automatically extended to 5 years even if the probation period is less. Which basically means bama is essentially on 5 years probation.

5. DRC

DRC TigerNator

Dude, thats the fugliest avatar I have ever seen. Do you have no shame? :lol:

6. MikeDTiger

MikeDTiger Geaux Tigers!!!

You know I had unconsciously blocked that out, must have been a defense mechanism! Oh well, at least I'm not hungry anymore :shock:

7. stevescookin

stevescookin Certified Who Dat

That jives with what I heard today at the cafe. I have a customer from Bama who used to own sporting goods stores and was somewhat of an insider. He said that the decision would come today and there weren't going to be any big penalties for Bama.

I never have real inside information on such things and thought I'd pass it on FWIW.

8. mobius481

mobius481 Registered Member

That would make you the only college football forum poster in America because everyone else has tons of inside information to share.:wink:

9. 75vette

75vette Founding Member

10. LSUGradin99

LSUGradin99 I Bleedeth Purple 'N Gold

Re: Oh Saban

not much to it