Vote Now! Are you convinced Les Miles will start Brandon Harris vs Auburn?

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by islstl, Sep 28, 2014.

?

Are you convinced Les Miles will start Brandon Harris vs Auburn?

Poll closed Oct 4, 2014.
  1. Yes

26 vote(s)
    36.1%
  2. No

46 vote(s)
    63.9%
  1. TigerSnarl

TigerSnarl Air Conditioned Gypsy

I too am worried that Les may stick with his 'starter' another week at QB.

But maybe I have missed where he has personally said that Jennings is his absolute guy. Preseason, I remember him talking about the QB competition and not singling out one or the other during practices. Seems like he said things like 'both guys getting time.' I know he named Jennings the starter. However, I just want to believe that he has not went out on a limb saying that Jennings was HIS guy. He could save face this week by saying both will get time versus Auburn and not name the starter until game time. A bit of rambling but I just want to believe that Les will do the right thing. This is not a JJ versus JL situation. There is an obvious difference between the way the team responds to Harris versus Jennings.

2. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

I think we also need to point out that the guy that used to coach here had the same problems with the quarterback. Davey/Booty Russell/Randall/Flynn

3. TigerBacker70

TigerBacker70 I'm the Cock of the Walk!

Nobody said that a coach having an ego was a bad thing. I said that Miles' ego is every bit as as excessive as the other megalomaniacs I named that are vilified because of theirs. And the pompous asses that I compared Miles too are definitely not all of the good coaches in college football. There successful coaches who have some pride and ego, but also know the definition of modesty and humility. Nobody asked anyone to listen to fanboys, but some of us would love for our coach to view objective facts and take them into consideration when making decisions. This isn't some emotional plea based on who likes who better for intangible reasons, one QB has performed well and one has done badly. It really is that simple. Except to the guy who makes the decision and seems to dig his heels in harder in the face of facts that show Harris gives the team a better chance of winning football games right now. That may change or may not always hold true in all cases. We will never know if playing Harris could have won the MSU game, but it sure as hell looks like it from where I'm sitting.

Stop twisting words to suit your purposes. Everyone doesn't hate Les Miles. But a lot of us would really be relieved id he pulled his head out of his ass regarding this.

shane0911 likes this.
  4. LaSalleAve

The quote option is your friend, who u talkin bout Willis.

5. StaceyO

StaceyO Football Turns Me On

This is absolutely true. I'm just pointing out that many people, both professionally and personally, have trouble with this concept. Especially men, I think.

6. LaSalleAve

@StaceyO so Stacey you are the only one I know on here who is probably forced to watch a bunch of Dallas Cowboys shit. Oh and @TigerSnarl, is it just me or does Tony Romo sound EXACTLY like Les Miles, maybe not voice but content.

7. TCUTiger

TCUTiger Founding Member

Not talking about this type of "duty".

8. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

That spans the reigns of 3 coaches. Booty and Davey played for both DiNardo and Saban. Randall for only Saban and Russell and Flynn for Saban and Miles

9. LaSalleAve

Seemed to be more of a controversy between Rohan and Booty under Saban as well as Jamarcus/Randall/Flynn under Saban.

10. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Booty/Davey controversy under DiNardo too. Booty was the starter while they lost all those games and when DiNardo got fired interim coach Hal Hunter started Davey vs Arkansas and they won