Are the Saints playing for the #1 Pick?

Discussion in 'OTHER SPORTS Forum' started by Crip*TEAM KATT, Sep 7, 2006.

1. Crip*TEAM KATT

Crip*TEAM KATT As Wild As We Wanna Be

With the start of the season today, thought I would bring this up.

Somepeople are predicting the Saints to win anywhere from 2 to 4 games all season.

If so what position should they fill, who will be the Top 5 class of 07, and If they do get it should they trade it away to fill other spots.

Off, looks to be pretty good, but the days of the Dome Patrol are long gone.

2. clair

clair Rockets

they should draft what they should have taken this draft, even with brooks being on the board: LB

They could have very easily raped a team in a trade down, gotten hawk, and maybe even the safety help they need, too.

If the Saints win 6 games, like I predict, I think LaRon may be a realistic option at pick 7-11 where they would be slotted.

3. Crip*TEAM KATT

I like him being a Saint also. I would like to see em get the number one trade it to a team in the 6-12 spot, get some good veterans def players and still draft LaRon

4. HatcherTiger

HatcherTiger Freedom Isn't Free

Being the starting LBs weren't on the roster two weeks ago, they should go with linebackers

5. TigerBait3

TigerBait3 Guest

The saints need about 20 new players

6. OkieTigerTK

OkieTigerTK Tornado Alley

More importantly, what the Saints need is one new owner!

7. LSUalum24

LSUalum24 Founding Member

They will get one as soon as they move Los Angeles or to whichever city lost their franchise to Los Angeles.

8. Tigers Paw

Tigers Paw Founding Member

Looking at their schedule I see three games they have a 50/50 shot of winning. Cleveland, Green Bay and Frisco. As far as the draft, this team needs help almost everywhere.

9. TigerFan23

TigerFan23 USMC Tiger

I can't see drafting a safety in the first round as a priority for the Saints next season. Quite honestly, if we got the number one pick, I'd see us entertaining trade offers to go down and get the best LB in the draft (Patrick Willis anyone?).

It could really go either way this season. Remember in Haslett's first season, we went 1-3 in the preseason and made it all the way to the 2nd round of the playoffs. Do I see that happening this year? Not really, but anything is possible and when it comes to the Saints, I tend to be more of an optimist than a realist.

Honestly, I don't see the Saints going anywhere anytime soon and quite frankly, I've been impressed with what Benson has done lately (opening his checkbook for Bush, lowering season ticket prices, etc.). It certainly hasn't been indicative of his behavior in past seasons.

10. Crip*TEAM KATT

I think the downfall will be the defense. I think this off. can score with any team out there. The thing is the def cant stop anybody. I can see every Saint game being 40 to 35.