Are Miles' days at LSU really numbered?

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by northernvatiger, Nov 18, 2015.

1. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

Are you Reds long lost brother?

furduknfish likes this.
  2. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

I heard there has been no rollover since the new contract started in 2010> Les got a long term deal instead of an automatic rollover

3. boweswi05

boweswi05 Senior Member

2 to 3 years from now hopefully the talent and skill is still at LSU before we decide what we do with Miles.

Same situation as Texas. Charlie Strong has nothing to work with . Mack Brown left no talent on that team and you see the results now.

Richdog likes this.
  4. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

We could end up like Texas-Keeping a coach past his shelf life because he once won a NC. Look at Texas now

Tiredoflosing likes this.
  5. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

That is all it means . . . the big shots insiders are starting to talk. They will talk a long time and much can happen in that time. It means that an 8-4 season will not get him an extension. Another one next year and they might start putting buyout money together. But Les won't be fired unless Alleva has a proven winning head coach lined up, which will not be easy. There are only a handful and most can do better elsewhere where you get fired for losing, not for winning. LSU can't fire Les and then just hire an "up-and-coming" young coach in the hope of getting another Nick Saban.

alfredeneuman and COTiger like this.
  6. Don Castavez

Don Castavez Still liking scotch

I've never defended Miles. The night he won the nat championship ( with Sabans team) I was hoping he would take another job. With that said. He's here. He's been successful but it's time he gets his house in order. Staff wise we need an upgrade. Someone more imaginative and creative than Cameron would be a good move. I have no faith in Steele as DC. With all that said its not a difficult fix. We need better d linemen and a qb who can run play action seen at least as an adequate threat to throw. Qb talent at LSU has been deplorable. If Miles can get that done, I say we're back on the bridge.

7. ehusson80

ehusson80 Founding Member

I hear all the 80% winning argument thing. However, if you take out the gimme wins and wins against far less talented teams, then what is the winning % then? I understand he is, by all accounts, a great man and is also a great recruiter, but the pressure needs to be applied to him big time. If he doesn't win the West next year or 2017, then he probably needs to go. Especially if that includes two more losses to Bama.

boweswi05 and LSU_4_LIFE like this.
  8. ThePhenom74

ThePhenom74 Founding Member

I'm ready to oust Miles as much as anyone here. I think his best days are behind him and the product will only continue to worsen. All that said, I laugh when people say Miles only won because of Saban's players. There were only a few players left that Saban brought in. Give the man his due, Miles won that title, not Saban. He made the decisions. I'm grateful for all that Miles has brought to LSU. Unfortunately I feel it is time to part ways but I give the man his due respect.

9. boweswi05

boweswi05 Senior Member

Very well said.

10. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Maybe he does. If the narrative as described by Rabalais is accurate Alleva would have had to be a fool not to have already lined up somebody. It could just be a big name with a proven record that will surprise the hell out of everybody.

The only football coaching hire Alleva has ever made was David Cutcliffe at Duke.