Are Miles' days at LSU really numbered?

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by northernvatiger, Nov 18, 2015.

1. northernvatiger

northernvatiger Founding Member

IMO, gotta give Miles 2016. I think it's a knee-jerk reaction to let him go now, even if LSU loses the rest of the games this season. If 2016 is a bust, then it's time to part ways. And sure, there are two schools of thought here: (1) how do can a guy with a 78% winning percentage over 11 years; and (2) the very real argument that LSU has underperformed and is trending downward since 2011.

For now, maybe that things are in "circle the wagons" mode, and a fire has been lit, we see what this team AND coaching are capable of doing. Regardless of how the rest of 2015 plays out, the writing is on the wall that Cameron and Peveto should not be back. I think you have to give Steele another year so that he can recruit properly for his scheme. As others have noted, Chavis had his flaws (recruiting-wise and scheme-wise), and that will take time to fix.

The big question is: does this "crisis" (as Les put it earlier this week) force him to make the necessary adjustments that need to be made? I don't think he's purposely looking to get fired, but maybe this is what it will take to force changes for the better.

ParadiseiNC and TwistedTiger like this.
  2. Tiredoflosing

Tiredoflosing Veteran Member

Would ya'll cut the crap. Alleva is not going to do anything he is a mediocre AD and associates with mediocrity. Saban loves Miles at LSU just like Tuberville loved Shula at Bama. Miles is a "one hit wonder" and did that with two losses. Last but not least what is all of this crap about him being a good man? You know he was buying players at Oklahoma State, and everyone knows what is going on now and he continues to look the other way while his players use drugs. In fact I think he should be drug tested. He gets paid a fortune and with the product he puts on the field he should be paying the university.

3. kluke

kluke Founding Member

The length of the timeline for Miles to fix the problem is directly proportional to the % of empty seats in Tiger Stadium.

4. seabrookcajun

seabrookcajun Founding Member

Is that at kickoff or in the 4th quarter?

5. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

Look, the Bama poser is here again.

Winston1 and Brian like this.
  6. fanatic

fanatic Habitual Line Stepper

I agree with everyone saying that LSU will not pay the buyout, but Rabalais says in the article that he's basing this on 'knowledgeable sources' he's cultivated over 25 years of covering LSU. Still $15m/17m or whatever it is is just too much money, IMO, for the university to absorb.

Right. It's also continually underachieving with NFL level talent. The article even mentions that all the success Miles has enjoyed has been counter balanced by embarrassing failures.

P&G_wheelz007 likes this.
  7. ehusson80

ehusson80 Founding Member

I hope the pressure is seriously put on Les. He looks complacent. Maybe coaching for his job will light a fire under him and the team. Hopefully that covers next year and after. Something needs to be done to either force change on him or coaching change/s. I don't care which happens, I just want to see us coach and play to our abilities. The rest will take care of itself. I don't expect to beat Bama every year, but at least every 2 or 3 years. History says we win every three years. No reason not to expect at least that.

8. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

yes that they are going to act swiftly on this and in 2 or 3 years they are going to take a stand. hell he might be undefeated by then. reality sets in whenever you see the clowns in charge being forced to make real decisions.

if it wasnt rabalais id completely laugh it off. he never writes these pieces without some truth. but im still laughing this off because of the amount. LSU aint texas. this aint happening. they always talk a big game but it always ends there.

LSUMASTERMIND and mobius481 like this.
  9. kluke

kluke Founding Member

Kickoff. These days these fans leave early even when we're winning.

10. LSUDieHard

LSUDieHard Founding Member

If he can't win the West next year with Harris and Fournette as juniors and the young talent on OL and defense with a full year under their belts, it should be his last. Period.

LSUMASTERMIND likes this.