Are Miles' days at LSU really numbered?

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by northernvatiger, Nov 18, 2015.

1. TCUTiger

TCUTiger Founding Member

If Franks flips, the ship has officially begun to sink.

2. Kal-El012

Kal-El012 Founding Member

I admit, never thought the hire was all that great. And I was hoping he would have changed my perspective. Unfortunately as soon as I thought it could happen, the moron did something stupid. And I was done giving him the benefit of the doubt long ago.
    I bet once he leaves LSU, if he decides to remain a head coach, he will never match the same success that he was lucky to have in Baton Rouge.

Jean Lafitte and Richdog like this.
  3. P&G_wheelz007

P&G_wheelz007 Football anyone?

I'm a Miles supporter. Have been since he became the head coach here. But I've grown sick of the 1950's offense. I'm sick of our teams not improving over the course of the season. I'm sick of feeling like we've squandered some of our talent.

I'm sick of watching our games and feeling like we were out-coached. I'm sick of the same problems year after year and hearing that they've been fixed. They haven't.

In years past, we had great special teams, an upper echelon defense and a stout running game that led to 10 wins. We hid the QB and all of us fans held out hope that we'd get a good QB and have a real shot.

But now, our defense doesn't get turnovers. And they aren't capitalizing on great field position opportunities. And they're giving up too many points.

Now, our Special Teams units suck. Can't cover kicks. Can't block for the returner.

And the improvement we thought we were getting at QB has disappeared or regressed.

I think it's time.

4. P&G_wheelz007

P&G_wheelz007 Football anyone?

I like Miles. I really do. I've pulled hard for him and everyone else in P&G. He gave us 2007 and 2011.

I've defended him. I understand how difficult our schedule is and I understand how competitive the SEC is.

But I've had enough of the bad football.

Jean Lafitte likes this.
  5. lsu-i-like

lsu-i-like Playoff advocate

One thing I've heard Alleva say multiple times is, "if you aren't moving forward, your moving backward." Well I think that applies and is even more relevant when you're moving backwards.

6. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

If you don't finish first you are last - Ricky Bobby

7. ThePhenom74

ThePhenom74 Founding Member

Just curious red, what would it take for you to consider letting Miles go?

For me it's beyond just the W's and L's. It's the mind set of the players. LSU is not coaching up players like in the past. We don't see the fire or passion. LSU was a fight to the death team, that is gone. Add to that Miles and staff have not had the team well prepared in the majority of the games the last two seasons. That is unacceptable.

ROY_LA_CA likes this.
  8. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Former LSU player and now owner of Ruffino's restaurant Ruffin Rodrigue was on the radio today. He talked about the mindset the players get from hearing Miles talk about "finishing second" instead of just saying We Lost. Finishing second is not winning. Ruffin said he was pissed that his son received a ribbon for finishing 11th in a swimming race. When you finish second, third, fifth, eleventh or 84th you didn't win anything. You lost.

LSU_4_LIFE and ThePhenom74 like this.
  9. ThePhenom74

ThePhenom74 Founding Member

Couldn't agree more with Ruffin. With the talent LSU brings in year in and year out we should be finishing first more than we do. I feel if it's this year or next, Miles' tenure will end soon. It won't be a pretty ending unfortunately. The culture is gone, I just hope LSU does not turn into Texas and we do not fall too far down.

I thank Miles and honestly hate to see his time end like this. However I love LSU and there is too much talent for us to continually underperform.

10. LSU_4_LIFE

LSU_4_LIFE Founding Member