Aranda (Baylor rumor)

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by shane0911, Jan 14, 2020.

1. furduknfish

furduknfish #ohnowesuckagain

Rhule was "only" getting $4M+ based on what I see. Doubt they pay that much for Aranda and doubt it will come with as much guaranteed.

https://sports.usatoday.com/ncaa/salaries/

Sourdoughman likes this.
  2. Brian

Brian Founding Member

They pay Kim Mulkey over 2 million a year. You think they're only paying the head football coach twice what the women's basketball coach makes? In Texas? She's amazing no doubt. They're not just paying 4 million.

Bengal B likes this.
  3. furduknfish

Dude, not sure how you expect me to counter this logic. Im going by a published amount. You are going by something you heard on Audible. I really dont care. You win the internet.

4. Brian

Brian Founding Member

You can believe that report and I don't blame you. If you don't think Bruce Feldman is literally the most respected journalist in college football I dunno what to tell you though.

It isn't logic and I'm not asking you to counter it. I'm offering up information I've come across. Isn't that why we come here? :)

5. TCUTiger

TCUTiger Founding Member

Speaking of plugged in. When Baylor built new stadium, they put electricity and wifi on the parking spots closest to the stadium.

Brian likes this.
  6. furduknfish

You should have led with the 1099 instead of the other garbage. The logic about football vs W basketball salary is where you really lost me. And no, I dont GaF what Feldman says in passing unless he puts it in writing.

7. Brian

Brian Founding Member

I don't post stuff that isn't solid and I'm on my phone. It was a pain in the ass. Sorry you didn't want to believe me? Bruce writes for the Athletic which I pay for so you probably won't read it or hear it unless you're paying for it. That podcast is on their app. I just shared the info trying to help out. Jeez. I never would have thought Baylor paid so well until he mentioned it. Shocked me.

tzanghi likes this.
  8. TCUTiger

TCUTiger Founding Member

I think Rhule made 4mil, he came from Temple. Fisher and Herman make 7 plus.

9. tzanghi

tzanghi Founding Member

Ok, there is no way they are lying on a tax document. If we pull that bad boy, it ends this debate easily. They are easy to find, but damnit am I too lazy right now.

10. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

this was 2020. he'll be gone at seasons end. remember everyone thought they wanted him. hes been terrible.

lsu-i-like and Brian like this.