Anyone worried about this game

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by rachellsu01, Dec 6, 2011.

1. rachellsu01

rachellsu01 Im gone people, its been fun

What we have accomplished this year is undeniably remarkable and with that being said, I am worried about bama being able to have so much on JJ since he started playing most of the games since that game against them when we won and them being able to defend against him easier..is it just me or does anyone else have a problem with this.

Also if bama does win, how can they say that they are the nc when we beat them once this year and then they beat us..do you think it will be split title like when it was us and USC...???

2. LSUTiga

LSUTiga TF Pubic Relations

I don't know if I agree with you that he "played" most of the games since but he was sure out on the field so I won't argue it either.

In the words of the wise red one, "The one who hoists up the Crystal Ball is the National Champion."

Personally I have no problems with splits. I've always said the more kids you can recognize the better. Since the BCS's inception I agree that the "Crystal" is the preferred one and definitely the most sought after.

All that to say, no worries- we're going to win. We just have too too many weapons. We can score with our defense, special teams, AND offense.

3. sugarlsu

sugarlsu Founding Member

I think that JJ will not make the mistakes that their QB will. Look for our special teams to
    Dominate. We win. It is destiny.

4. mach316

mach316 Founding Member

I would be more concerned playing OSU. We will be up for this game big time!!

5. diamondheadtiger

diamondheadtiger Founding Member

The Bamas are worried about this game, and the NOPD.

6. Trolyce

Trolyce Founding Member

I will say this, when two teams are pretty evenly matched, it's difficult to beat them twice....let alone times in a row.

That being said, I think we are a better team...especially in the Dome. I honestly feel better about a rematch with Bama than I do playing an explosive offense like OSU. With the "bend-don't-break" style, teams that can pass efficiently only need a break here and there to cause big problems. Take WVU for example, they passed all over us but couldn't get in the end zone when it counted.

I think we played Bama tight.....a little conservative and seemed we were playing not to make a mistake. Bama fans want to dwell on the missed FG opportunities, however we could easily make a case that if not for the 2 interceptions, the outcome might not have been so close.

7. LSUDieHard

LSUDieHard Founding Member

My thoughts exactly. The law of averages says that Bama is due. However, we are in the Superdome and that gives me a warm fuzzy.

8. Sourdoughman

Sourdoughman TigerFan of LSU and the Tigerman

I have been thinking about this game today while at work. Some of my concerns are not playing for 35 days, are the guys going to be able to tackle and play their game after the big break, especially Trent Richardson. I am also concerned about busted coverages. Then you have JJ at QB, he has looked a little bit like last year the last 2 games.
    Now my other thoughts about this game, I feel its destiny, I don't think Bama can beat us in the dome. I also think about CLM's record in bowl games, he always has these guys ready to play like no one else. I think its really time for JJ to have a good game. Maybe CLM's can work his hat and get JJ playing a really good game on the 9th.

9. Mike in Memphis

Mike in Memphis Old Tiger

The time between games doesn’t worry me – I think this coaching staff has shown they can keep the team focused and sharp. But I always worry about a big game – you never really know what will happen. This one worries me a little more – not so much because it is Bama, but because we are playing them for a second time this season. I think that is always a cause for concern.
    I believe the coaching staff will have the team ready.
    I think there will be touchdowns scored this time, but I think the Tigers win a close one. We are just a better team with more depth and talent and better coaching.
    :eek:ldskule:

10. TexasTigers

TexasTigers Are You With Me ?

Heck yes I am very worried any Bama or LSU fan who thinks otherwise is lying or delusional.

Fact is both of these teams are literally mirror images of each other.

Like someone said asking LSU to beat Bama three times in a row is asking a lot.
    We shall see.