Anyone worried about this 11 a.m. start?

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by CagedTiger, Oct 3, 2022.

1. MobileBengal

MobileBengal Founding Member

Dead on. It's not crazy to think that he will get better with time and reps, he just needs to do it.

shane0911 likes this.
  2. lsu-i-like

lsu-i-like Playoff advocate

I agree

3. tigerpub

tigerpub Founding Member

I am very much rooting for Daniels to turn this thing around and become an awesome quarterback. However, there’s been too many times where I’ve seen replays from camera angles where you can clearly see a receiver running wide-open that’s potentially a touchdown or at least a very long gainer. I’ve seen it frustrate BK. Then, it always makes me wonder why not try a quarterback switch out and tell the new one…hit the damn receivers. They’re open. I do understand, it’s not quite that simple. But it’s not too much further complicated either.

lsu-i-like and tigermark like this.
  4. Kikicaca

Kikicaca Meaux

I am hoping JD doesn't over compensate to please the WR's this Saturday. A couple of int's against the hillbillies and game over. We should play a short game and slow the game down. Run the ball and short passes. A deep one now and then only to our tall recievers to keep them honest. If we are behind by 2 TD's in the 3rd quarter then and then only do we throw every pass you can and maybe use Nuss.

Just my thoughts.

5. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

The flip side of this is what we are asking of the guy. With this line 3 to 4 seconds is about what he has to find his guy and get the ball out. I love Joe Burrow but he ruined us.

6. Kikicaca

Kikicaca Meaux

I think our OL is getting better. Don't think the hillbillies D is in the upper echelon of the SEC. We have a good chance to win this game but we better play smart and not try to get JD to do things he is not good at.

shane0911 likes this.
  7. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

I think that is exactly what they are going to do.

lsu-i-like likes this.
  8. CagedTiger

CagedTiger Freshman

I agree the problem is mostly mental, but some of it has to be expected. He's learning a new system with a brand new OL - already used two different centers - fairly young WR/TE group and a rotating group of RBs that hasn't been very consistent. I would hope with each game that JD will gain confidence throwing the ball and the OL will find its rhythm and the rest will fall into place. One thing I do know about this game is it's going to take our best game of the year to have any chance to win.

9. Kikicaca

Kikicaca Meaux

Watching the LSU vs AUB replay. I was impressed with Nuss's play after JD had to go out. Hope he continues to look like that.

One more thing. Koy Moore's big mouth got shut. He not only threw the interception but let Brooks take the ball away from him for an int.

Last edited: Oct 6, 2022
    lsu-i-like and Chipeace like this.
  10. BornOnTheBayou

BornOnTheBayou 2022 Masters Pick 'Em Champion

How so?