Anyone worried about this 11 a.m. start?

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by CagedTiger, Oct 3, 2022.

1. Herb

Herb Founding Member

What worries me is that we have not been able to establish a running attack with our RBs. This is the game that screams success will be dependent on a ball control ground game that eats the clock and keeps the ball away from TN's QB.

2. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

See my previous post

Herb likes this.
  3. lsu-i-like

lsu-i-like Playoff advocate

Sounds like their offense is tough to defend, but I’m more afraid of our offense too. So far I have no confidence in BK pulling Jordan Jefferson if he sucks again this week. It is probably also a legit concern that JD over corrects and throws a ton of picks because he can’t read a defense.

I still have some confidence in BK being smart enough to read the situation and adjust, but that confidence took a little hit when we threw for 85 yards last week.

4. lsu-i-like

I thought the run game vs AU was pretty good.

I also like our conditioning.

Im talking myself up, boys.

5. shane0911

Yes, this is what I was hinting at. Their secondary being terrible and us needing a shot in the arm with the passing game is a perfect storm for us to try and "cure what ails us". NO, Don't take the bait! We need to establish a run game and pound it out. It will be the tougher option because their d front is good but we don't have a choice. The best way to limit their offense is to keep them off the field. Throwing it around like Texas Tech back in the day isn't going to get it done.

6. MobileBengal

MobileBengal Founding Member

I dunno. They're secondary is pretty pitiful, but they've been decent against the run. They are probably going to dare us to throw it because they don't think we can. I'm not sure we can either, but I think we have to try. Agree we need to establish the run, but running into a wall for quick 3 and outs is a good way to let the game get out of hand early. If receivers aren't able to get open against that group, that's bad news.

lsu-i-like likes this.
  7. shane0911

That is not "establishing the run" that is the opposite of that. So no, we can't do that!

8. furduknfish

furduknfish #ohnowesuckagain

#milesball

lsu-i-like likes this.
  9. lsu-i-like

I agree, if JD can’t effectively pass, put the other dude in. 80 yards passing is bullshit; damn sure can’t call that dude a qb if he’s that limited.

MobileBengal likes this.
  10. shane0911

I don't know if he is limited physically. I believe his problem is between the ears. We see qbs every week make throws, yes sometimes they are forced and get picked but that will happen. Daniles doesn't seem to want to throw unless his guy has three yds of separation. He simply cannot wait for that because it won't happen often if at all. I believe this is where the trust comes in.

Just my opinion of course

Hou-duco, lsu-i-like and MobileBengal like this.