ALA v. FLA

Discussion in 'OTHER SPORTS Forum' started by ParadiseiNC, Nov 29, 2008.

1. Chip82

Chip82 Founding Member

Since this game is being played on very fast turf, I have to give the advantage to the Gators.

Florida 38
    Alabama 24

I lowered my point total for Florida because of the Harvin injury.

The surprise of the year has been Florida's defensive backfield and they should be able to cover Alabama's receivers fairly well on this field.

2. lsufan_in_ohio

lsufan_in_ohio East Ascension High '76

I think it would be great.......but it would be better if it were not Bamma is the feelings of most folks on the board......that said I am hoping that the SEC wins the:crystal: for the thrid year in a row be it Bamma or FLA. JMHO.....

3. Bamabuzzard

Bamabuzzard Founding Member

What you're missing is that I'm not predicting a win. I'm just saying that if you analyze each team there are aspects of each team that are better than the other. Florida is playing more explosive football right now. But BOTH are playing winning football.

Bama's OL is built on power, being physical and wearing the defense down. Florida's DL is built on speed and quickness and tries to use that to get to the qb. There are a lot of "if's" for both teams just in that aspect of the game.

4. emry123

emry123 Founding Member

bama will be exposed and deep down inside no matter what saban tells them they know they are not as talented, they are not as fast, and they don't have the quarterback to beat florida..If Bama gets behind, they will have to throw more and then lets see what happens...have you seen how fast FL is? bama does not have that kind of talent....

1 person likes this.
  5. KerryS

KerryS Founding Member

I think Florida will win but Bama will come to play and will play well. I see a close 1st half with Florida pulling away late by 10 to 14. However, it seems about 90% of people are picking Florida. That in itself should ensure that Alabama comes in sky-high. Emotion is just as important as talent. Just ask LSU...

6. Bamabuzzard

Bamabuzzard Founding Member

What does it matter if Saban "knows it deep inside" that UF is more talented or not? Football is a team sport and a lot of things other than individual talent can dictate the outcome of a game. "SHOULD" UF win this game? Probably so. But it doesn't mean the game has already been decided. They still have to play it and execute. That sometimes goes a lot different than expected.

7. Tigers Paw

Tigers Paw Founding Member

I'll go with Florida by 21.

8. Bengal Buddy

Bengal Buddy Founding Member

Florida by 14.

9. DRC

DRC TigerNator

Harvin's injury could be a rather large factor in this game. I also remember 1992 very clearly when Alabama was given no chance whatsoever against what seemed like an unbeatable Miami team sporting a Heisman trophy winning QB and talent all over the field.

It sure looks like a big Florida win but...just sayin.

10. PURPLE TIGER

PURPLE TIGER HOPE is not a strategy!

Can Alabama win?...YES.

Should Alabama win?...NO.

Alabama is having a great season but I don't think they're as good as Florida, Oklahoma, and a few other teams. They're a solid top 10 team but I don't they're in the top 5.

They had trouble with LSU playing against a QB who six months ago was projected as our #3 guy.

Alabama has a good starting lineup but not much depth.

Florida by 14