ACA effects becoming reality

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by mobius481, Oct 21, 2015.

1. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

Hey now, garages can be useful for more than beer drinking, wrench turnin and guitar pickin. Just sayin...

2. Jmg

Jmg Veteran Member

One thing women are really good at is posting silly inspirational quotes on Facebook. They are true champions at that.

LSUTiga and HalloweenRun like this.
  3. HalloweenRun

HalloweenRun Founding Member

Something about parking my VW in a cadillac's garage??? Doh!!!

4. Winston1

Winston1 Founding Member

5. Tiger in NC

Tiger in NC There's a sucker born everyday...

you really want to go here.....because I can find thousands of articles about people dying at home because their insurance benefits ran out and the hospital sent them home to die. or maybe we should list all the articles about terminally ill cancer patients who were refused insurance because of their pre-existing condition. either way, just let me know which route you want to take and we'll go.

6. LSUsupaFan

LSUsupaFan Founding Member

So break the system that worked for 85% of the population so that it works for no one? My insurance costs went from about $4,000 a year with a $6,5000 deductible and then 100% to $14,000 a year with a $4,000 deductible and then it is 80/20. I went from saving thousands of dollars in an HSA to paying three times the premiums, and having a reduced benefit once the deductible is met. I used to pay the entire premium for my employees and their families, and match their HSA contributions up to $3,000 or the annual contribution limit. Now I pay a portion of the premium, and contribute $500 to their HSAs.

Most small business owners I know are in similar situations. It sucks, but Obamacare broke the marketplace for a lot of us to benefit a few. I can only assume that was by design as a stepping stone to single payer.

And now I will rant... if premiums for the working poor are subsidized up to 100% why the hell do we need to expand medicaid? If the working poor are able to get 100% subsidies why do we have to give them free government healthcare? It makes no sense at all.

Last edited: Apr 6, 2016
  7. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

Right because the left is still clueless to the fact of how most insurance premiums are paid.

Instead of forcing a system where you now have a bunch of low wage part time workers, they could have given an incentive for fewer higher paid full time workers to pay into the system. When employers pay for healthcare, its more money in the system. When you give them the option of reducing hours to not have to offer health car coverage, well, now you have a bunch of poor people working 20 hr's a week being forced onto a system they couldn't afford in the first place.

All they are doing is trying to overload it so it collapses and then its forced to single payer.

8. Tiger in NC

Tiger in NC There's a sucker born everyday...

I would be hesitant to say it was "working" for anyone. Health care costs were rising at a rate that could not be sustained and no one was arguing otherwise in 2008 when Obama and McCain were debating. Our health care system was not working, it was bankrupting a lot of middle class families, ditching sick people when they needed the coverage most and conducting their own form of "death panels" by telling sick people that they were at the end of their benefits.

And there was a time when every company did this same thing and it changed, not because employers didn't want to provide that benefit to their employers, but because employers got to where they couldn't afford it anymore. This started happening long before Obamacare was enacted. Anyone who is reasonable will admit that there are facets of Obamacare that need to be revised.....I am one of them. That said, I think overall Obamacare has been a net positive.

My friend, I feel your pain on this but please understand that you have this statement backwards. Obamacare "broke" the marketplace to benefit many and place a larger burden on a few, not the other way around.

Subsidies are for those who are working and able to make some contribution. Medicaid is for the disabled, elderly, etc. who have no income. Were you thinking of Medicare, maybe?

9. LSUsupaFan

LSUsupaFan Founding Member

My premiums had gone down every year between 2007 and 20011. My HSA had grown every year. That hasnt been the case since 2014 when the premiums exploded, and the coverage for more money got shittier.

Before Obamacare my employees had much better benefits. It hasn't been a positive for the 10 people I employ or for my family. We are paying more taxes, and more premiums and have less benefit. Instead of building reform around concepots that were working at driving down costs, like High Deductible plans, Obamacare destroyed the actuarial assumptions that insurance is based on.

The vast majority get insurance from their employers, and now they pay more for less. And the self employed pay more for less. And those in the private market pay more for less. And the level of uninsured has barely changed from 15% before Obamacare to 12% now. So discounting all those things, yeah. It's great/

No medicaid. A 100% subsidy, which is available for anyone making less than 125% of the poverty limit isn't enough? Free insurance isn't enough? We have to provide a special government free insurance? If you have 0 income you qualify for the Obamacare subsidies. Why do you still need Medicaid. And even with Medicaid and free insurance you have dumbasses showing up to emergency rooms for pregnancy tests.

LSUTiga likes this.
  10. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

That boy out in NC loves to defend him some Barackmehd. What a croc of excrement

LSUTiga likes this.