A View of Global Warming

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by Kikicaca, Jan 4, 2018.

1. Winston1

Winston1 Founding Member

Point is there is not one perfect source of energy. Our civilization requires abundant, dense and low cost power to survive and thrive. I don’t care where we obtain our power as long as the above holds true.

There will always be a cost to generate the energy. Finding the best balance is the goal. We can neither hang on to past means for too long or jump to new too quickly.
    This will only happen when there is a well regulated free and open market to prove ideas and development.

onceanlsufan likes this.
  2. onceanlsufan

onceanlsufan Founding Member

I still say the perfect use of energy,

Base Load Electricity - Nuclear. Coal.
    On demand Electricity - Natural Gas.
    Transportation - Natural Gas and Diesel

All Solar and Wind need to be point of source.

APPTiger likes this.
  3. APPTiger

APPTiger still unable to post Geaux Tigers!

"well regulated free and open market"
    LOL, I'm pretty sure I know what you mean here but do well regulated and free and open really belong together?
    And that's my problem with all of these alt energy streams. Bang for the buck is missing and the government forcing the marketplace is just another tax (and a way to enrich themselves and their families).

4. Winston1

Winston1 Founding Member

The concept of the need to have regulation of markets goes all the way back to Adam Smith. The challenge is to find the proper balance. Over regulation strangles markets while lack of regulation can unbalance markets. All of life, government, business and politics is finding the proper balance between stasis and chaos.

5. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

Until you realize the people regulating are doing so for self enrichment.

Crypto is a real life view of deregulated free market principles.

6. Winston1

Winston1 Founding Member

Of course people act in their self interest. That’s one reason Madison and Thor founding fathers put 3 branches in the federal government and also left power to the states. This creates a balance between interests that prevents one group from having too much power.
    Unfortunately the trend of the last 70 years has been to concentrate power in Washington and in the executive and bureaucracy. It doesn’t really matter who is in power as we’ve seen by the proliferation of executive orders and federal agencies creating rules/laws out of whole cloth.

7. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

So you are talking yourself out of regulation now. If left alone, the market would self regulate. You have 10 years of a real world example of a self regulating market fixing its own problems without a central authority.