A View of Global Warming

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by Kikicaca, Jan 4, 2018.

1. COTiger

COTiger 2010 Bowl Pick 'Em Champ

Have you tried quitting? I was amazed at how easy it was. The first couple of days were tough, but the need for a cigarette declined the longer I went without one.

2. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Like I said dozens of times. About a moth and a half ago I had to go to the hospital because an owie on my leg had turned into the dreaded boo boo and got infected. I smoke a cigarette right before I went into the hospital and I was released about 24 hours later. I really didn't have craving for a smoke during that time and told myself that this would be a good time to quit. Unfortunately I had a pack in my truck when I left. I waited about 2 hours then broke down and lit one up. Still thinking I could cut way down but I didn't follow through.

So I don't think it's the nicotine that I can't give up but the act of smoke.

3. COTiger

I suffer a little from a shortness of breath. I don't know how much of it is a result of being a former smoker and living at 6,000 feet.

4. COTiger

Looking back I think getting over the nicotine addiction was relatively easy. But like you said, the desire between the ears to have a cigarette in your hand or mouth was tougher.

5. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

I spent a few months in Colorado back in the day and after a few days i was acclimated to the higher elevation.

6. COTiger

What part of CO? I'm surprised you got acclimated that quick.

7. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Boulder.

8. COTiger

Boulder's 5,000 feet. Were you anywhere the CU campus? I hope you weren't there during the 1970s.

9. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Yes, mid 70's and I stayed a few blocks from the campus. I had gone up there because a friend was going to school there and and his roommate had gone home for the summer. His roommate didn't come back to school so I hung around for a few more months. Had a job for the local newspaper. The gave me a van to deliver papers to the paper carrier's houses. Pretty cool place but there were a lot of homeless hippie wackos everywhere panhandling every where you went.

10. COTiger

That's about the time frame me and a bunch of guys from the AFA Athletic Dept went to a AFA - CU game in Boulder. We weren't in uniform but maybe the short hair gave us away. We made it off campus in one piece but it wasn't easy. We had to endure a lot of shit but we stayed strong.